Bare drysuits vs. USIA drysuits

Which would you buy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crpntr133:
Hmm, not saying that this isn't true but it is the first time that I have heard of it.

Well I have 2 suits hanging downstairs if you'd like to see them!! Haven't decided if it's worth putting a new zipper in.

FoSheZZie23:
So im looking for a drysuit, right now im leaning towards the Bare XCD2 and the low end DUI suits, but a friend of mine works at a dive shop and they sell USIA and he is a big fan of them, what do you guys/gals think of Bare suits verse USIA?

I got my first USIA suit in the summer of 2000. This was after being a hard core DUI CF200 guy for 10 years (and Dick Long is a dear friend of mine). Since then USIA has proven to be about the best dry suit company out there.

Now I am biased. They have built suits for me and my clients for 5 years now. But NOTA SINGLE client has ever been unhappy.

I own 6 dry suits at the moment. But I use my USIA more often than all the rest. My partner just ordered a new Aqua Pro Plus just the other day and I'm due to build a new one for me too soon just because i want another.

I have: DUI CF200, Andys DS4Tech, USIA Combat (older), USIA AquaLite, USIA Aqua Deluxe (custom stuff on it) and a Viking Pro for contam water.

The suit I use the most is my Aqua Deluxe. It was custom made and i love it.

The folks at USIA know what they are doing. These suits are bullet proof. And, they can build it custom in 3 weeks or less (except this month cause of Xmas).

We have provided their suits to most of the guys at NOAA and NURC and many university diving departments as well as lots of divers.

Get measured right and order up a USIA. You are guaranteed to love it.

Hands down the best buy for your money is a USIA. I have owned one for 5+ years and an going to upgrade thsi coming year. Nothing wrong with my current suit, just want to upgrade with some of the new features the new ones have. No questions, I will be going with a USIA suit.

I just checked out the USIA site. The photo of the diver on the home page is obviously flipped to fit the page layout. The result is rather disconcerting. While I realize this has nothing to do with the quality of the product, first impressions are always important, and doubly so in advertising. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

e.a.e.

Love my Bare Tech Dry suit! Tried DUIs and a couple more models, and I preferred the Bare. DUI and USIA also make excellent products, so you cannot go wrong with any choices. Have fun

Nostromo:
I just checked out the USIA site. The photo of the diver on the home page is obviously flipped to fit the page layout. The result is rather disconcerting. While I realize this has nothing to do with the quality of the product, first impressions are always important, and doubly so in advertising. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

e.a.e.

Funny that. I'd visited the site before but never noticed that until you mentioned it. Plus if you look closely it looks like the diver has a brass suicide clip hanging off his BCD harness strap (although it might be the safer type as the photo is not too clear).

They make great drysuits, but they definitely need a new picture for their home page that does justice to them...

Anyone can describe USIA drysuit line. Their website description is a little bit hard to distinguish their model line. Maybe, I got too much used to DUI site....:)

bradshsi:
Funny that. I'd visited the site before but never noticed that until you mentioned it. Plus if you look closely it looks like the diver has a brass suicide clip hanging off his BCD harness strap (although it might be the safer type as the photo is not too clear).

They make great drysuits, but they definitely need a new picture for their home page that does justice to them...
Check back in a week. We have a new home page coming up. I just got some great underwater shots sent to me from Scuba Schools of America. The home page is the only page I cannot edit from my laptop.:D

bradshsi:

Flipped photos are kind of a pet peeve of mine, especially when it's a photo of something that has a specific left/right orientation in real life, e.g. regulator and BC hoses. Normally backwards text is the dead giveaway.

I saw the brass suicide clip too, but I figured I had critiqued somebody's work enough for one day, and let it go. Nobody's perfect, not even me...

e.a.e.

Back
Top Bottom