Bare drysuits vs. USIA drysuits

Which would you buy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go BARE XCD2 tech with front zipper. Very comftable. Get it with 2 cargo pockets with velco tops and suspenders.
Very comftable, flexible and warm. Great SUIT. High end BARE beats low ened DUI any day. Very durable and has 7mm boots which are way better than any one else!

I agree, Bare XCD2. Super Cheap even when loaded with features from Divetank.com. I have the rear zipper version, but no problem for me, since I always dive with a buddy, and he happens to have the tech version of the XCD2. The material is bulletproof for wreck diving.

Szymon

I have to say, I love my USIA suit. It is a great fit, well made and they are an awesome company to deal with. I just love my suit! Keep up the great work!

LoL:1poke: :1poke: ~~~~

Ok,
After posting a very postive review of BARE XCD2 I got to admitt I also bought a DUI TLS 350. MY DUI does not fit as tight as my BARE and I find it very comftable. If I travel I take my DUI, if I dive very cold water I take my BARE XCD2. They are both excallant suits and I recomend them highly . The two suits are opposites of each other. The BARE is super tough, excelant for wreck diving, comftable, but heavy beacus eit is compressed neophrine. It dives similiar to a heavy wetsuit. The DUI is looser fiting requiring more undergarments, but very light and travels easy (it is lighter than my 5mm wetsuit)/ It is not very tough though, so you see the tradeoff. I could not decide between them so I got both! Yes I know, it is wastefully but these suits have transform my diving keeping me dry!

I went from DUI to BARE and never looked back, presently own their flagship model, the Bare AT HD Tech Trilam with the bells and whistiles.... They have lots of sizes so you can get a good fit, and they are bullet proof !

Great comments.

I wonder how all this comparison plays out now when the USIA TechniFlex is out. I don't have one yet, but very seriously considering buying one. Don't get me wrong i think that Bare makes an excellent trilaminated suit but TechniFlex seems like a much better substitute that is very moderately priced.
I tried the material they use for TechniFlex and it stretches about the same as crushed neoprene but definitely much lighter... Also TechniFlex maybe accented with various colors, if you are into this sort of thing. One thigh pocket and suspenders are standard while soft neoprene or latex socks and lace up boots come at the same price as any other boot system. Also it has pretty cool Velcro’ed neoprene neck warmer, cuff and ankle protectors that are not available on any Bare suits. Oh and one other important thing, if you suit doesn’t fit you 100% I believe they can fairly easily tailor it for you.

I've spoken to and exchanged a few emails with Jerry L. who is a VP at USIA and every time he found time out his schedule to talk to a customer. That really means something.

One thing that sort of keeps me from spending cash right now on the TechniFlex is that there is no warranty service for USIA in NYC. The closest USIA dealer is in Buffalo, NY area.

Anyone else?

I appreciate the nice comments, although I would like to correct one thing. We do offer warranty service no matter where you live. If you don't have a dealer near by, you can send your suit directly back to USIA. If you live in an area where we have a lot of dealers, like in the Pacific Northwest or in Southern Cal, then we would require you to go through a Authorized dealer. You can also purchase a USIA suit directly through USIA if you do not have a dealer within 100 miles. Many times we will direct you to a dealer because you may save a little money.

Back
Top Bottom