Bare vs Whites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hardhat:
The Whites suits I haven't had any expierence with, but all of the people that I know that have Whites suit say the same thing, they won't be getting another Whites suit.
I'm sorry to hear that. I own a whites and I've beat the crap out of it. It still works (knock on wood.) I won't be getting another because my style of diving has changed.
My husband has a trilam, heavy-duty Bare drysuit. He doesn't care for it and wishes he would have gotten the same one I'm going to get.
Good luck in your hunt. (Just our experiences, not necessarily advice. :D )

I've owned two whites suits, both were custom dry suits. My first one a neoprene suit, held up well, fit was good, no complaints. Then I decided that I wanted to get away from the attached boot so I sold it and ordered a custom catalyst suit. Three of us ordered custom catalyst suits at the same time. Needless to say they fit like #$@% and I was very unhappy. To Whites credit they attempted to correct the problem but they should have just started over from scratch. Whites makes good suit, but for the money I spent I thought they should have just replaced the suit since it was their error, zipper was too long. That suit was sold and I now dive in a DUI CF200..

Tamas, where did you find Northern Diver in the GTA? (I'm also in Toronto.)
Thanks,
Keith

Well after reading this post it has not really help me at all. I was looking into replacing my viking since it is to large for me with a Whites or BAre. I was told from my LDS to wait till fall when they will have sales that will give me a custom suit for the same as a of the rack model. Any truth to that? I guess I will probably go with whites since that is what my LDS sells. I don't mind ordering from online but there are 2 items that I will be buying from LDS, Drysuit and Computer, but that is another decission to make.

I have the Nexus II from Whites and have about 8 dives in it.
A great package with bag, undergarment, rock boots. The legs do run a little narrow. I talked to Whites and will probably have it custom adjusted. They quoted 2-3 weeks for remaking the legs and pressure testing. Will post how the experience goes once I send it back.

I think the bare is a better made product I worked in the industry for about 4 years and any of the whites suits I sold especially the shell suits they leaked like crazy that is my general observation and experience. My dive buddy used a nexus shell in a year had to throw it away. Seam leaks throughout the suit about 100 dives on it and it was well looked after. We both dive DUI now ...imo you are diving on borrowed time with less comprable suits, please don't take this with offence It's merely a suggestion some people seem to have good luck with their suits from whites. If you are doing more than 20 to 30 drysuit dives a year get the DUI's

Good luck in whatever your choice is

Cheers,

Len

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
I can't even seem to be able to decide between some sort of neoprene or trilam........................

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom