Battery low after battery replacement?? Suunto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can anyone confirm this? After having a NEW battery installed the battery indicator still shows it as only having 1 bar??? If this is the case when will it show full bars. I dont want to send this computer off to the buyer and have him upset. If there is an issue I would rather the dive shop resolve it here b4 I sent it out to Florida. Thanks for any info.

I'm guessing they used the wrong battery.

There's a battery that looks identical but is 3v instead of 3.6 and will read as "nearly dead" when installed.

Terry

Last edited:
When I changed the battery in our Favor S, it showed full immediately upon reassembly. BTW, battery replacement on this computer is a bit tricky, because the battery cover and o-ring are held in place by the back cover. I would insist on a pressure test upon completion.

...actually, your dive shop IS correct, the fact that it's showing '1 bar' WILL go away soon ......it will soon be showing '0' bars. .

:rofl3: - This really must be the funniest comment I have seen all week.

I change my batteries on my Suunto Favor computers for three reasons:
  1. I know that the proper size battery was used, and I test the battery's voltage prior to installation.
  2. I don't have to pay $60+ to get a Suunto Authorized technician to do the job. Typically, the cost of a new replacement battery is $6-$8. I think I paid about $100 for the brand new computer several years ago.
  3. DIY battery replacement takes just a few minutes, and it's very straightforward.

For a short time following battery replacement, the low battery signal will remain. Upon a few activations, the battery status should reflect a full charge. I recommend throwing the computer in a bucket of fresh water for 15 minutes, drying it off, and then reactivating the computer to read the battery status.

So the question is: Now that several days have passed, what does the computer battery status show?

I changed out a Suunto computer battery and the gauge showed low, so tried several more new batteries and they all showed low. I took the batteries back to the battery store and they said my batteries were good. I called Suunto and they said the battery power gauges can show low some of thier older computers when they age. So it is not uncommon to have a full battery charge even when it does not read full on an older Suunto computer.

Like the guy earlier said, some Suunto computers use a 3 V. and some use 3.6 V.so make sure you have the right one. They also make batteries with different storage amounts, even if the voltage and size look alike.

Back
Top Bottom