Bauer K14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

argos59

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I would like to know if a Bauer K 14 compressor 14 cfm is good for home use, The guy is asking $3500 for the unit w/ 100 hrs. on it. Is this a fair price ? What questions should I ask ? Can you guys get me going in the right direction.

The new style K14(14cfm) has a 3phase electric motor and was not available with a single phase 220V. Some electric companies won't run 220V 3 phase service to a residence. You may want to check on that first. The old K14(4.3cfm) was single phase.
I've enclosed a pic of a Mako that has the old style K14 pump for reference.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 1,484
Depending on which modification K14 you're talking about, it is possible to run it on both single phase 7.5 hp and 10 hp. The problem is that homes generally don't have the single phase service required to start either of these motors straight up. You can probably operate the 7.5 hp with some modification to your power supply. To my knowledge, the last model of K14 (Mod 7) could produce 12 scfm with 10 hp.

Craig

The motor is 220 v 1 phase 5hp

Do you have pics of the unit? The K14 model was produced from the late '60's to around 2003, with different modifications. Usually, the block number (which generally looked like this 9/425/1 for a '70's era model or 83/4395/06 for an early '80's Mod 6 or 88/4305/07 for a late '80's through the end of the series Mod 7) was embossed in the upper crank-case to the right of the oil fill (facing side opposite the fly-wheel). Earlier models had an oil lubricated, chain drive for the cam-shaft that drove the oil pump. Later models had a belt driven cam-shaft.
Craig

I have not had a chance to see the unit. I will take pics this weekend and post them.

Back
Top Bottom