BBW (Big, Beautiful Woman)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Canadian_Diver:
Not that I'm complaining, but what's with the half naked lady with the squinty eyes all about on the site?? :crafty:

From Hammerhead's FAQ:

Q: Where did you find your model?

A: She is the bartender at a local pub that my business partner and I visit from time to time. She knows nothing about diving but she does have all of the right equipment to show off our plate.

And don't forget the gallery...
http://www.hammerheadscuba.com/pgal1.htm

What are the chances the harness is not even CLOSE to being properly adjusted on a photography model who knows nothing about diving?

Even for divers, I understand it can take several dives to get the adjustments correct. For an hour or two photo shoot, I doubt any attempt was made beyond not having it fall off.

Of course, I wasn't there, so this is just a guess.

Stephen Ash:
Actually, this pic shows exactly what I was describing in my first post. See how the harness is pushed into the arms. Ouch!

http://www.hammerheadscuba.com/images/photogal/dani14.jpg

Wetsuits offer a good amount of padding, I doubt most of us would dive without some sort of covering so that digging in is kind of a moot point. That hammerhead plate is a great price. Also when combined with their single tank adaptor you already have 12# of nonditchable weight. Add a weight belt with a couple pounds on the hips and you will really have a comfy rig.

PerroneFord:
What are the chances the harness is not even CLOSE to being properly adjusted on a photography model who knows nothing about diving?

Even for divers, I understand it can take several dives to get the adjustments correct. For an hour or two photo shoot, I doubt any attempt was made beyond not having it fall off.

Of course, I wasn't there, so this is just a guess.

I'm sure that you're right and that they probably didn't bother to adjust this gal's harness correctly. Nevertheless, it does show the exact problem that I mentioned. I have seen the marks on a woman's arms from the harness being displaced laterally by large breasts. I was surprised and checked the fitting myself. Sure enough, with the harness rigged in the standard webbing manner the harness pushed into the arms in a way that prevented its use without inflicting severe discomfort.

My point is, this will be a problem for a woman with large breasts. There are ways to address it, however. I brought it up only so that Quinnette would be aware of this and that she should have her harness fitted by someone who knows some of the tricks that alleviate this problem.

wolves64t:
Wetsuits offer a good amount of padding, I doubt most of us would dive without some sort of covering so that digging in is kind of a moot point. That hammerhead plate is a great price. Also when combined with their single tank adaptor you already have 12# of nonditchable weight. Add a weight belt with a couple pounds on the hips and you will really have a comfy rig.

Again, I've run into this personally and it is a problem even when wearing significant exposure protection. It is something that Quinnette should be aware of. There are solutions, however.

Stephen Ash:
Again, I've run into this personally and it is a problem even when wearing significant exposure protection. It is something that Quinnette should be aware of. There are solutions, however.

Why don't you educate the rest of us as to what some of these solutions are, rather than simply alude that you know something we don't. If any of us ever find ourselves in a situation where this specific piece of information might be important, we would be more helpful if we know what the solution was, not simply that there is a solution.

MookieMoose:
Why don't you educate the rest of us as to what some of these solutions are, rather than simply alude that you know something we don't. If any of us ever find ourselves in a situation where this specific piece of information might be important, we would be more helpful if we know what the solution was, not simply that there is a solution.

To be honest, I'm a bit hesitant to say much on the solutions. I have spoken with some folks that have successfully dealt with this problem...one is a well known plate maker who offered ideas on how to web his plate to accommodate these gals but only his plates have the slots cut for this type of webbing... the other is a gal who had this problem herself and found that the Diverite Deluxe Harness worked well for her. Another suggestion that I received was to cross the shoulder straps in the back...but I think that this was just an idea to try and not one that had been confirmed.

I have yet had time to try these solutions with my gal so I can't claim to have first hand experience with these solutions...not yet, anyways. However, I trust those who suggested these ideas and if they say they work, they work. Perhaps one of these folks will respond to this thread and give a more direct response to the question. After I finish getting my gal fitted comfortably, I'll be more comfortable offering suggestions.

One of the people that Stephen is referring to is "Baby Duck" here on this board. I believe that she has posted that for her crossing the straps made the difference and has solved the problem. I was assisiting her (in person, not here in this internet forum) to set up her plate and made the suggestion that she try crossing the straps after she tried a dive or two with the straps rigged in the conventional way. I have not personally been able to dive with her since then to see the imporvement. I have also been following Stephen's thread on the Deco Stop about fitting a harness to a female diver with large breasts, and one of the divers with the same problem related that the DiveRite Deluxe harness completley solved her problem. I understand Stephens caution, but I think in this case the relatively simple solutions of either crossing the straps behind the neck or the Deluxe harness are fairly straight forward.

Mark Vlahos

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom