BBW (Big, Beautiful Woman)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

though in my case it wasn't the fault of the breasteses. i'm narrower in the shoulders from deltoid to deltoid than most guys and the uncrossed straps hit me past my armpit and ate me up. mark did suggest crossing them might end up being for me, but to try them uncrossed first & see. ow! though to be fair i was also not wearing neoprene on the arms, but a john. anywhoo, crossed them & wear the jacket by itself instead of the john by itself & no more worries!

Mark Vlahos:
One of the people that Stephen is referring to is "Baby Duck" here on this board. I believe that she has posted that for her crossing the straps made the difference and has solved the problem. I was assisiting her (in person, not here in this internet forum) to set up her plate and made the suggestion that she try crossing the straps after she tried a dive or two with the straps rigged in the conventional way. I have not personally been able to dive with her since then to see the imporvement. I have also been following Stephen's thread on the Deco Stop about fitting a harness to a female diver with large breasts, and one of the divers with the same problem related that the DiveRite Deluxe harness completley solved her problem. I understand Stephens caution, but I think in this case the relatively simple solutions of either crossing the straps behind the neck or the Deluxe harness are fairly straight forward.

Mark Vlahos

Ya, Mark. I don't mean to discourage QLittlestar at all...just the opposite, in fact.

I would hate to see her try on a BP/harness, feel the webbing dig into her arms and then discard the idea of using a backplate and wings. I just want her to know that if she does encounter this difficulty, there are other women out there that have effectively dealt with this particular difficulty. I hope to soon get the chance to get my friend comfortable in a plate.

BabyDuck:
though in my case it wasn't the fault of the breasteses. i'm narrower in the shoulders from deltoid to deltoid than most guys and the uncrossed straps hit me past my armpit and ate me up. mark did suggest crossing them might end up being for me, but to try them uncrossed first & see. ow! though to be fair i was also not wearing neoprene on the arms, but a john. anywhoo, crossed them & wear the jacket by itself instead of the john by itself & no more worries!

Holy Cow Marci, that was fast! Do you have telepathy or somthing, I mention you in a post and less than ten minutes later you chime in! :)

Mark Vlahos

cocktail party syndrome - i can hear my name typed across the whole country! :wink:

The Diva Luxury Edition is made from a sport bra design. I am a D cup, and in training wore a BC that was designed for a guy. It rubbed in all the wrong places and got hung up on my hips. The Diva fits like a dream , and it does accomodate larger sizes and can be adjusted from the inside. AND I can wear it with just a swimsuit. It doesn't rub anywhere, and offers a great deal of support. Check it out.

Hi All,

Stephen's point is a good one.

Major thoracic bouyancy reserves are a bugger when using a continuous harnes in the usual hogarthian configuration. Crossing the straps over the shoulder is a good work-around for the narrow torso, but isn't much help for the plentifully fleshy. Those with rather a pear shaped torso, especially if it's female, usually find the D rings leaving bruises on the armpit area. Harnesses with some type of chest strap can usually mitigate that considerably.

Another item that's not been mentioned yet, but shouldn't be overlooked; is that a BP/W with a properly adjusted harness takes a fair amount of flexibility to don and dof, especially on a boat. You don't have to be a contortionist, but many of the plentifully fleshy are limited in this respect. For overall ease of use with most of the plusses of the BP/W and harness, I'd suggest a good look at the DR Transpac or something similar. The Tpac has a lot of adjustability for sizing as far as waist, and torso/shoulder lengths. It's a piece of cake to don and dof and while I like my BP's better, I managed at least a hundred dives or more with doubles in the Tpac, all very comfortably. Add a Venture (or any O wing), and it's a sweet singles bit of kit.

Always try before you buy, if it's at all possible.

Darlene

PerroneFord:
Having previously owned a Zeagle and being without a BC currently, I am curious what you liked better about the Zeagle. I enjoyed mine when I purchased it.

Thanks...

I like the fit, the padding, not having a backpack, but most of all the comfort. :14:

Stephen Ash:
From Hammerhead's FAQ:

Q: Where did you find your model?

A: She is the bartender at a local pub that my business partner and I visit from time to time. She knows nothing about diving but she does have all of the right equipment to show off our plate.

And don't forget the gallery...
http://www.hammerheadscuba.com/pgal1.htm

Maybe Zeagle could learn about advertising and marketing from this site. :crafty:

My Girlfriend also has "Major thoracic bouyancy reserves" (to steal the quote from Vixen:D ) and initially had problems with the webbing on her harness digging in. She ended up getting a harness with a big metal O sewn in around the breast area and this allowed the harness to fit with more comfort.

However when she came to replace the webbing she couldnt be biffed sewing in the metal O's so she went for a softer one piece webbing. I basically cut down some old Load Restraints left over from my Trucking days and used these.
She has had no problems since...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom