BCD cleaner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MKC

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was told to use "B.C Life by McNETT" to clean the inside of my BCD.

I was wondering if anyone uses something like this, or if anyone has a home made formula to use in its place?

Water.
Wool Wash.
ArmorAll
Bleach
Water.
?

I was told to use "B.C Life by McNETT" to clean the inside of my BCD.

Were you told this by someone who SELLS "B.C Life by McNETT"??

:shocked2:

I've got 400+ saltwater dives on my rig and all I've ever done is rinse it inside and out with the water that comes out of my garden hose.

Still looks and functions as brand new.

Were you told this by someone who SELLS "B.C Life by McNETT"??

:shocked2:

I've got 400+ saltwater dives on my rig and all I've ever done is rinse it inside and out with the water that comes out of my garden hose.

Still looks and functions as brand new.
I was recommended this product during the PADI Equipment Specialty course I took. I found it a little expensive, but they told me if I don't do this once a year I can get many nasty's inside the BCD. If you say water is all I need, then this is what I will do since I've only used water in the past.

I always use baby bottle cleaner/steriliser. Cheap, easily available, and works perfectly.

I try not to think about what is growing on the inside of my BC as long as it isn't eating the bladder which it hasn't yet. I wouldn't care if I was incubating some rare form of Ebola as long as it stayed in the BC. I do rinse with freshwater only because the inflator mechanism has metal springs and whatnot that can rust.

listerine has always done me well.

rinse well
+1, Use the Walmart / Equate brand. Nothing special about it, just cheaper than Listerine, which is cheaper than McNetts.:wink:

This is like asking what the "Best" gun cleaning solvent is; everyone has their favorite potion but nobody really can say what the best is. The best we can do is give examples of what has worked for each of us!

Still, it is fun to hear everyone's favorite concoction and their cleaning rituals so here I go....

I do a good rinse with either BC Life or a product called Sport Wash (Cabela's has it) that cleans gently and rinses completely off. I've heard of others using baby shampoo, Woolite, etc. I finish with an inside rinsing with 303 Aerospace Protectant and then a good airing out/drying. Lastly, I spray 303 Fabric Guard on the fabric parts and the Aerospace Protectant on the plastic parts.

The 303 products really reduce UV-caused fade and deterioration. I started using them when I bought my Baja speedboat in 1995. The boat cover still looks like new.

DS

This is like asking what the "Best" gun cleaning solvent is; everyone has their favorite potion but nobody really can say what the best is...
DS
:shocked2: You clean your guns? I wear gloves and then just throw them off a bridge into the river when I use one. :D JUST KIDDING!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom