Be honest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive-aholic:
Okay, I have to know because I have to teach them. For NDL dives, don't really use them. I've been diving enough that I know the limits for most depths.

For deco dives I always use the Navy air tables as my last ditch plan should my computer fail.

Just curious,,,you mention using Navy Tables.....are you diving air/deco dives?

For me, even with a computer, dive tables are like the bible!

I realized, not long after my certification, that I was too dependant on my dive computer. I never even glanced at my RDP. So, I went back and refreshed with the tables. Now, for most of my dives, I glance at my RDP pre-dive to get an idea of my no-deco limit, then use the computer. I also glance at the RDP to occasionally check my required surface interval or where I stand after multiple dives. Plus, as a relatively new diver, I know that using the tables as second nature is going to be required as I gain experience and cerifications.

I think it is a good habit to get into. It makes you a more knowledgable and confident diver. And, if you glance at it before each dive, it really does become second nature.

Happy diving!!

I still work out the dive on the good ole dive tables.. then dive my dive using a computer.... I guess its just habit....

Okay, to be honest.

Haven't looked at it since Open Water too in 2004.
I probably still remember.
I know I'm too dependent to my computer, but I lost my OW book ?

:D

IceIce:
Okay, to be honest.

Haven't looked at it since Open Water too in 2004.
I probably still remember.
I know I'm too dependent to my computer, but I lost my OW book ?

:D
lol

As if your OW book is where your dive tables are located.... :grin

Tables are no problem (if that's what you mean by "Dive Time Charts").

Mo2vation:
Step Mom is Japanese... a WIZ on the thing. She taught me.

She ran a retail operation on one... no cash register in the place. Ran it all on an big old abacus.

---
Ken

So I should ask your step mom? I would really like to learn.

I haven't dove tables in over 10 years but I wouldn't have a problem using them if I needed to.

Still use tables as a backup to computer...

Back
Top Bottom