Beach Dive in Fort Lauderdale, Saturday Nov 11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I personally don't mind, but if no other kayakers show, you'll be buddyless.

I hope to have one some day but alas, it is nowhere near being in my budget at the moment.

I reckon I'm joining in on this one. Which location and at what time?

DebbyDiver:
Sure! On the west side of A1A, look for: a tall mustard colored condo with a shorter, old-fashioned condo building just north of it...that would be the 1200 building...park across the street from it on the East side of A1A. :) If the parking is jammed up (unlikely) call my cell.

Michael, thanks for organizing this, I am sooo looking forward to it and to diving with Vino at long last!

Lets do this one first, then if people want to do another tank, go a 1/2 mile up the road for the elkhorns.... :D

Just for the record, my cell number is 954 650 5789 if someone needs to reach me saturday morning. See you all at 7:30!!

Michael, that sounds like a plan!!!

(Except there will be nowhere to park after we get back to our cars...let's do the elkhorn another day!)

Rick, you know when and where now, correct? :)

Hi guys,

I like to join you tomorrow (Saturday) if you dont mind. I'm living in Tampa now (from Boston), and I am in Orlando with friends for Friday night, and would love to check out the nice diving on the South-eastern coast that I've heard about.

Scott

I do Debby. My vote is to do the elkhorns from the get go. Parking goes quick there, and a 1/2 mile walk with scuba gear on your back, or risking an accident or a citation for double parking (in the event people go get their cars and no parking 1/2 mile up the road is available) is just not worth it. But that's just my .02 psi. Besides I'm only bringing my HP 130 and will decide on the 2nd dive when I see with how much gas I end up after the 1st.

Also, I thought I'd get out of work early today, but that's a moot point now, and will need to get my tank topped off tomorrow when F.E. opens at 7a. Let's see how quickly I can get down to the site, so ya'll wait for me ok???? :wink:

Scott, come on down. It's a mighty large pool and there's plenty of room for everyone who wants to join in.

Any idea on what water temps are?

See you guys tomorrow!!!!!

Rick, you have my cell number, let me know if you are running late.

No way I can walk real far with gear on my back. I have a really bad back. Thank goodness I have strong legs. I can swim much further than I can walk. If we do a second dive we will have to go to Hollywood or L-B-T-S. Let's see how cold we are after one dive, I think the water has been 79 degrees. I have two full tanks and I'll throw both in the car.

Scott, the more the merrier! Come on down!

So, what's the final meeting point...at the 1200 building or further up for the elkhorn? Michael, it's going to be the same walk from car to water either way...

I'll be there.... 4:00am is going to come very early :D 781-608-5341

Sorrry I didn't make it , I left mike a vm to let him know I wasn't sure if I was coming in

took 4 dives yesterday and literaily got home and was knocked out for the count..

boat dives were meh , the beach dives were yuck! probably 6 feet vis.

hopefully you guys had a better dive :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom