Belize in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Happy to hear about the good weather right now since I am heading out to glovers on Sunday

Who are you staying with? if you don't mind me asking.....:D

Glovers atoll resort. Figure I was originally going to be doing a two week hiking trip up here in canada and am instead doing a two week scuba trip down there and in Mexico so should not have a prob with roughing it there lol

I like that place. I know Warren, Paul (Paul's dad is my good spearfishing buddy)
, Allison...good people. And they're in a good spot on the atoll. Have fun !!!

We're expecting to be in Belize from May 5-14. How consistently can whale sharks be found?

Sent from an old fashioned 300 baud acoustic modem by whistling into the handset. Really.

There are no guarantees. But as long as you're there 2-3 days after the full moon your chances should be pretty good. The whale sharks are all based on the snapper spawns which are timed with the moon phase.

Per Moon Giant, the full moon next May will be May 4th, so you're timing it well.

How consistently can whale sharks be found?

2015 Belize Whale Shark diving package dates:

March 5th to March 14th
April 4th to April 13th
May 3rd to May 12th
June 2nd to June 11th

Belize Scuba Diving Packages, Snorkeling & Whale sharks|Splash Dive Center|Placencia Belize Belize Whale Shark Diving | Splash Dive Center | Placencia Belize

Only at Gladden Spit though - you won't see them anywhere else most likely.

I dove with Splash last May and saw at least seven whale sharks. Every dive had a sighting. Even snorkelers have a wonderful time, and while the waters aren't as loaded as the spot near Isla Mujueres, neither are there so many boats. For the divers' patience truly is a virtue and we were eventually rewarded on every dive. I was up close and personal z couple of times though that was due to the whale sharks coming my way. Thrilling.

Placencia is a nice village to hang out in. I was very comfortable there.

Back
Top Bottom