"Ben's Vortex"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

karstdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
"Ben's Vortex- an Investigative Documentary" is being released,and besides this being a high quality production by Jill Heinerth and Robert McClellan,but it will give some context to previous discussions. This is not intended to reopen wounds from discussions that occurred here,but this provides an objective investigation of the facts and inferences. This documentary provides information I was never aware of,and they did an exhaustive amount of research. But,as an aside,you never see the other side of an accident. You will read reports and discussions when an accident occurs,with inability to seperate fact from conjecture,but this gives you a first had observation of the family,recovery divers,law enforcement,spring owner,and experts on psychology and dive medicine. This is a unique video and have to give kudos to the production team.

awesome where can we buy it? Saw the trailer at the CDS conference and excited to see the whole movie.

I just watched it. They did a great job on it.

Reactions: Jax
Not at the moment. We are still negotiating digital rights with distributors. It looks like it may be about 6 months before we can get streams or downloads up. It is complicated because of the various territories and rights involved. The main thing is that we retained direct DVD sales via Amazon and our own websites. We've also entered Ben's Vortex in some film festivals. We'll keep you all informed.
Is there any way to watch it on the Internet without having to buy the DVD

I agree with James on the dangers being blown out of oorportion. There are numbers to support the claim, but how many died without breaking rules? Very few. The investigative work they did was incredible tho.
One more thing, the shovel found was not Bens. It belonged to a guy named Steve.

Reactions: Jax
Ordering my copy now. Wish I hadn't missed you guys at DEMA. Would have been cool to have had my comments in it. But want to see it anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom