Best Cheap/Entry-level Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Suunto Gekko.

Incredibly easy to use & reliabe, has everything you'd want in a basic computer and then some. Very well priced and uses the Suunto RGBM which is recommended by local diving doctors as one of the best deco models out there.

aries xr2 and gekko are great choices. just make sure that in addition to getting what you want, you buy it from an authorized dealer. for this i have bought all my gear from sport chalet. if they dont have it they can order it and most importantly, back it up. i had a piece of equipment break on me and i had a new one later that day. call suunto and tell them you bought your now broken comp at an online store or unauthorized dealer....theyll tell you waht you can do with that comp then.....

I second the Atmos2 at Scubatoys. Just replaced my old ones with them for $225.@

Oceanic Veo100nx. Does nitrox and keeps around 5 dives in memory for a very cheap priice

Dive Rite Nitek-Plus...watch-style, backlit, user replaceable battery, two time zones...AND, when you graduate to doing a deco course or extended range or advanced nitrox...it has two gas capability (21-50%, and 21-99%) so you don't have to buy a new computer and leave the old one in the bag as a paper weight. $299 retail, very reliable. All the others mentioned are one gas only.

I love my Gekko, which is indeed single gas, but it does everything I need (and fits in those cool DSS wrist boots, too).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom