Best Dives - Western Caribbean Cruise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carib Diver:
Indydivegal,
I saw your post about the cruise on the 16th. My wife and I (Mike & Jill) will be on the same cruise. I spoke with Carnival last night and they have deleted the Costa Maya stop due to the destruction of the pier during Dean and have replaced it with Roatan. Have you booked any dives during the trip? We decided to dive on the Carnival excursion in Belize, because it is so remote from where the ship docks, but are looking for alternatives for the other stops.
Hi Mike! We leave on the 16th as well. Yes, I had heard and spoke to Carnival about Costa Maya, but they told me the captain would decide where we would be going about a week out from the trip - has anyone heard is Isla Roatan been damaged by Felix? I believe it missed it, but not sure. As for Belize we decided to try the Zip line tour as the waters can be "iffy" this time of year in Belize. We hadn't booked a dive trip in Costa Maya, but if we get to go to Roatan, we will probably do the dives, if offered. There is another couple, Angelika and her husband, who are also going and doing some dives. Perhaps we could all meet up for a beverage. HAHA A Meet and Greet on the cruise ship for Scubaboarders!

Edin Rock in Grand Cayman. Tender to port, turn right about two blocks down on the right. Great shop and diving right there. Much cheaper than that offered by cruise ship.

Dive Paradise, Cozumel. One block from downtown dock. Located on property of Hotel Barracuda. Apple, (owner) is really great.

:crafty:Edin Rock in Grand Cayman. Tender to port, turn right about two blocks down on the right. Great shop and diving right there. Much cheaper than that offered by cruise ship.

Dive Paradise, Cozumel. One block from downtown dock. Located on property of Hotel Barracuda. Apple, (owner) is really great.

You should check out dive reports for Belize before committing your excursion money since they were just hit by the hurricane. Might not be your best choice for diving this year.

You should check out dive reports for Belize before committing your excursion money since they were just hit by the hurricane. Might not be your best choice for diving this year.
Yeah, I have heard that. The last time I was there I did some snorkeling and it was aweful! The weather was horrible and the leaders were terrible. We chose to do the zip line tour this time, but there again with the hurricane that went through, one never knows what we will get.

:crafty:Edin Rock in Grand Cayman. Tender to port, turn right about two blocks down on the right. Great shop and diving right there. Much cheaper than that offered by cruise ship.

I agree 100% and will be doing this exact thing with a group in Feb 2008.

I agree 100% and will be doing this exact thing with a group in Feb 2008.
I know in Grand Caymen we went with a company other than the ship excursion, but now I can't remember the name. I will check on my docs tonight and see who it is.

I know in Grand Caymen we went with a company other than the ship excursion, but now I can't remember the name. I will check on my docs tonight and see who it is.

Could it be Neptunes Divers? I used them with my boys and we dove in Stingray City.
Casey used to be on this board quite a lot~~but I haven't seen her lately.
Her SO is Keith and I would use them both again in a heartbeat!

Could it be Neptunes Divers? I used them with my boys and we dove in Stingray City.
Casey used to be on this board quite a lot~~but I haven't seen her lately.
Her SO is Keith and I would use them both again in a heartbeat!
No, we ended up using Off the Wall Divers - they are totally terrific!!! Loved them - Captain Ivan was incredible and the dives were awesome! I will keep Neptune divers in mind when I go back - we are already planning a week trip back to GC and to Roatan!!! Loved them both!!!

No, we ended up using Off the Wall Divers - they are totally terrific!!! Loved them - Captain Ivan was incredible and the dives were awesome! I will keep Neptune divers in mind when I go back - we are already planning a week trip back to GC and to Roatan!!! Loved them both!!!

Ah! I agree~~ Roatan and GC are both great diving.
Cayman Islands Scuba Diving also known as neptunes divers..are the op I used. Casey was a member on SB for a long time~~ but I haven't seen her for a while. If you do use her and Keith please tell them I said Hi!
Have fun~~be sure to write a trip report when you return.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom