Best Florida Keys dive location recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well in my quest for info gathering I have sent email info requests to all operations that were recommended to obtain more info... However, after nearly a week no one has responded to my inquiry???????:confused:

Not sure if they think I am some form of scam or sales person. I guess I will hold off on making calls to see if they respond for a couple of days. Hope they do not operated this way "IF" we dive. Not going to make plans if I can not reach anyone. Thanks again for all the recommendations.

T & J (JTDivers)

In my experience, dive ops are not real good at checking their e-mail. A shame, really, because it is a terrific marketing tool, but I wouldn't judge their ability as a dive charter based on their ability to reply to e-mail.

I am heading down to Marathon for a week tomorrow and will be diving with Silent World on Monday and Looe Key on Wednesday. I will let you know how it goes. You will be hard pressed to hear anyone on here speak bad of an operator, from what I understand because there are very few that don't do everything right.

IntotheAbyss! Gonna be on the Kokomo Wed too!
Getting in the Deep dive..on the "Busch" for Advanced..Our boat (Pegasus) is booked for the reef that day....
You'll meet "Richard" for sure. He meets everyone, a local comedian/magic man....and "Chad"...good connection if you get to Mangrove Mama's.."Tom" (forgot his screen name) he's down from Va. with a class..may be doin' his class's Deep dive then too ..He wants to go Sun..we already booked reef. (May need to hook him up with a private Charter so he gets out on Sunday)
Kokomo goes on the Busch Wed's (then in to the reef for 2 shallow dives)...the water's been cold (60*) better dress warm..it's 80* air...3 dives make for a long day.

Thanks for the "insight", I will plan on making calls to the shops personally. I just did not want to sound like some dork from the west coast asking stupid questions.........

Nothing in my research indicated that the Dive Operators are not good ones, I was just looking for more info from them. Like all of us, they are probably swamped with work.

Thanks again

For about the same time and money from Placerville, you could take your wife to the north island of New Zealand that time of year. Bay of Islands is nice in the springtime especially if you snare an Air NewZed cheap flight.

Alright JT, just got back from the Keys today and wanted to let you know what my experience was. I went with Silent World last Monday which was supposed to be the Christ of the Abyss and the Northern Rocks but due to the exceptional weather we went to the bend(?). We did washington city(?) and and then another reef. Sorry about the fuzzy details memory is bad right now. Anyways someone on the trip dropped out so Tom, one of the divemasters, just rode to dive that morning. Captain and crew was exceptionally friendly, boat was very good. I will definitely dive them in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom