Best margaritas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You won't find anything close to a good margarita in Cozumel or anywhere else in Mexico for that matter (maybe other than Cabo Wabo in CSL). If you find yourself in Texas, the place where the drink originates, well, I can point you to several places.

smw:
Devil's throat is a cave that winds down from 70 feet to 125 feet. When you come out, you wall dive with the current to Little Cathedral where there is a 5' sponge cross.

The sponge cross is gone, according to all the reports I have read (I haven't been to Punta Sur since Wilma). It wasn't that big, though; it was more like two feet tall.

DiverG:
I know this is a subjective question, but which restraunt has the best margaritas in town?

None of them if they use a mix.

Jcsgt:
I liked the ones you buy by the yard from Carlos and Charley's.

Carlos n Charlies margaritas SUCKED. I mean they SUCKED. Worst margarita I've ever had. We pour'd them out they were so bad. They tasted like they were made with dish-water.

I'm really serious. they charged $7-$8 for a margarita and it was that bad. I was very disappointed in them.

Their problem is that they moved into a new building a couple years ago across from the cruise boat pier and have not fallen victum to being a profit ***** to the cruise boats. It used to be this great little bar, but now they have changed.... it's sad.

BTW.... Did I mention how bad their margaritas SUCKED? (just in case you missed it the first few tiems).

mike_s:
Their problem is that they moved into a new building a couple years ago across from the cruise boat pier and have not fallen victum to being a profit ***** to the cruise boats. It used to be this great little bar, but now they have changed.... it's sad.

Yeah, it is. I always used to make a pilgrimage to C n' C's every trip, but I've been in the new location exactly once for maybe 10 seconds. It's become a parody of itself, with all the charm and personality of a Mall Bar. Puta Langosta.

Somebody mentioned my two, so I'll add another good one.

Casa Denis Good Margarita and STRONG. They don't spare the bottle at this place. My SO can testify that this is an industrial grade drink!

Hogtown. I'm a spammer for 'em, but so much of their stuff is just great. So's the frozen margarita.

San Francisco. This little beach getaway has good margarita's and a killer Pina Colada. Hit one of these places & you'll get a good one.

There just seems to be a disconnect in the places I've visited in Mexico. They get the lime juice and the tequila right, but the sweeting agent, whether its sweet & sour or triple sec just doesn't seem to be there. Perhaps we'll give it another try and go on a margarita quest next week.

scubabum2:
There just seems to be a disconnect in the places I've visited in Mexico. They get the lime juice and the tequila right, but the sweeting agent, whether its sweet & sour or triple sec just doesn't seem to be there. Perhaps we'll give it another try and go on a margarita quest next week.

My wife and I used to drop by the Plaza Las Glorias just to get a margarita at their swim up bar. They were that good. Dont know about now. Also, at the Presidente, they make a Kahlua Colada that is unbelievably good. Be glad when that hotel re-opens. I'll be in Cozumel this thursday. File a report when I get back.

La Choza has the best ones over rocks in my opinion. Have to agree that Carlos and Charlies makes horrible ones....you can just feel the cheap liquor sitting in your gut afterwards but they mask it with so much sweet mix, you can't tell til much later. Presumably, by then, most of their customers will be back on the boat when they realize what they drank over a toilet. I'll leave it for the cruise ship folks from now on.

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom