Best Month To Go To Grand Caymen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lynnemari

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We own a time share week that we exchange every year. We are trying to use a week in Grand Caymen ( we love to dive). We have to plan these trips early in order to get the places we want. We are now planning for 2005. What is the best months or months to go to Grand Caymen, and of corse we will be doing much diving.
Thanks
Lynne :mermaid:

Actually I don't think it matters what month you go, it's nice all the time. I did have a friend that went to GC once in Oct. when surf from a hurricane took away alot of the beach. Fall would probably be the worse choice since end of Aug through Nov. is when the chance of hurricanes are high.

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

May thru October are the hot months months Air Temp up to 85, Water Temp around 82... October being the rainy month! Strong but brief rains... November thru April are the cool months or "prime tourist months"... Air Temp up to 75, Water Temp around 78...

I like it in early September. Very quiet and also the cheapest time to be there. Can rent a mid size car for $20/day and get a 2 tank afternoon dive for $50 (OK,the dive was a special offer may or may not be repeated.)

And its cooler than Texas at that time of year

We have been to GC end of July and early Aug, Its hot!! But The water is great!So was the weather. Turtle gal

My wife and I have always had the best luck weather wise during the first half of June. The visibility is good then too. And the island is not crowded.

Been there various times of year and really it's always pretty nice. A little more hot and humid in the summer like anyplace down there but not a problem and the water is great. I try to improve my weather odds by avoiding peak hurricane season and I think May-June is all-around best bet.

If you want to dive the North Wall (which you should!) note that it's more frequently rough in the winter and you might not get there, summer is a better bet for that. I don't know but I assume the same is true to the east (where several time shares are) and they would wind up heading more often to the southeast sites on the East End rather than north and east?

I recommend May because it is the beginning of the wet season, but since it is the very beginning, it is not bad at all; maybe 1/2 hour to 1 hour a day. But because it is the beginning of the wet season, the prices drop quite a bit. We have gone twice in May and pay quite a bit less for lodging.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom