Best Multiple Transmitter AI Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The idea of communicating the pressure over IA is not a bad idea. But are you planning to be the only one monitoring those pressures or will everybody have those pressures in their computer.

In line with going for safety, I suppose the other group members should be tracking your pressure as well.

The idea of communicating the pressure over IA is not a bad idea. But are you planning to be the only one monitoring those pressures or will everybody have those pressures in their computer.

In line with going for safety, I suppose the other group members should be tracking your pressure as well.
Yes, of course they will be tracking their own pressures. They all have SPGs and non-AI computers.

While I can appreciate this in theory, the reality is you will have the worst consumption. I've lead probably hundreds of teanagers over the years. They swim around like crazy, like flies circling a picnic.

Normal scenario: The parents would spend the first dive trying to keep up with/close to the kids and it was a disaster every time. 15 minutes at 45 feet before Dad was at less than 1000 psi wasn't unusual. I'd have a conversation with the parents after the first dive, have them follow me and just keep an eye on the kids. It went much better! The kids stayed close(ish), they just didn't stay in the same place!

While I can appreciate this in theory, the reality is you will have the worst consumption. I've lead probably hundreds of teanagers over the years. They swim around like crazy, like flies circling a picnic.
Yes. This is exactly correct. When diving for fun, I'll usually use a 120 (used to be 130) while my daughters use 80s. That keeps us close. I also dive frequently with my older daughter using aquarium gear, and that's 80s for both of us. It's not uncommon for her to finish the dive with 800-1000 psi more than I have. Only once did we finish with the same pressure. She had a bunch of fun using a bubble gun, so wasted a bunch of air.

Your teenagers should (in fact they must) understand underwater world requirements of being extremely cautious. before they get in the water. If for whatever reason they can't or won't - tie them to the radiator at home and no diving...

Worst case - hire a DM to babysit them. Will be the absolutely easiest and cheapest way to achieve the goal.

Back
Top Bottom