Best Place In Asia To See Sharks In June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

violinfather

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Trying to book a last minute trip to either somewhere in Asia or to the Red Sea. I would like to go somewhere that seeing various species of shark is a high likelihood. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I would like to do this on a budget so luxury resorts are out. I have about 250 dives in Cozumel, The Red Sea, Fiji and off the West coast of Canada. Thanks.

Trying to book a last minute trip to either somewhere in Asia or to the Red Sea. I would like to go somewhere that seeing various species of shark is a high likelihood. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I would like to do this on a budget so luxury resorts are out. I have about 250 dives in Cozumel, The Red Sea, Fiji and off the West coast of Canada. Thanks.
Malapascua, Philippines. You'll see thresher sharks every morning dive. There are white tips at Gato island as well.

Whale shark in Oslob(Philippines). But you might not like the circus style presentation!
Various species of shark? Coco Island but comes with hefty cost.

We offer a shark feed every week on both Blackbeard's Cruises and Aqua Cat Cruises. Both depart from Nassau, Bahamas and dive the Exuma Cays and Eleuthera. You will also have shark encounters on most other dives from Caribbean Reef Sharks to Nurse Sharks, Lemons and occasionally Hammerheads, Blackness, Tigers and if you're lucky a Whale Shark encounter.

Trips starting at $995/week

www.allstarliveaboards.com

Attachments

• 10 Sharks.jpg
    10 Sharks.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 58
Layang Layang in Malaysia for hammerheads :)

Tubbataha on a live aboard definitely, probably the sharkiest place in Asia's golden triangle .
Otherwise like said above Malapascua but mainly for threshers.
Sipadan is a nice place for loads of sharks but too often whitetips or grey reefs, sometimes hammerheads.

I would also say Tubbataha on liveaboard if its in the first 2 weeks of June which is the end of the season. You have a great chance to Whalesharks, Hammerheads, Grey Reef, White Tips and even Tiger sharks sometimes. If you fancy something a little cheaper I can give you some info on Apo Reef which is like a mini Tubbataha, we have charters running until mid June as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom