Best place to become professional

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

I hope it's the right section of the forum for this message . I'm a rescue diver padi , thinking about becoming an instructor. What do you think is the best place to study to become an instructor and improve my English?

I'm thinking about philippines ( low cost of living ) or Malta .

:) Thank you

Best is always so subjective.
ONE of the absolute best places to dive is Cozumel, Mexico. The diving there is great and there is a great organization that teaches divemasters and instructors. They are a PADI 5 Star IDC Center and offer a great internship program. find them at The best divemaster internship program in Cozumel and the Caribbean

www.divemasterinternship . ORG

p.s. full disclosure: they are part of Blue Magic Scuba with whom i am an instructor.

I'm not familiar with any of these places, just some general advice. I know that in N. America shops tend to hire the divemasters they train (lord knows there are enough of them). Don't know how easy it is for an instructor who is an "outsider" to get work at a different shop. Probably somewhat easier I would guess.

...'m a rescue diver padi , thinking about becoming an instructor. What do you think is the best place to study to become an instructor and improve my English?

I'm thinking about philippines ( low cost of living )...

Hi Sebadiver :)

As you’ve been advised in the previous posts, you will need to do the PADI Divemaster beforehand, with proof of a qualification in basic first aid and be medically fit to dive.
There is no ‘best’ place to become a dive educator; instructional abilities is directly influenced by the persons’ own passion for teaching.

I will attest to experience of real diving as the motivator of my own passion in educating my student divers, and my personal journey raised my confidence to the level of PADI IDC Staff Instructor.

Beginning my professional dive career on an internship, in my opinion, really prepared me with the expectations of daily life as a PADI Instructor. Before completing my 3-month Go PRO internship program at Downbelow Marine & Wildlife Adventures in Sabah, Borneo, I was a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver.

PADI IDC Go Pro Internships | Instructor Development Course IDC Malaysia, Asia

Professional dive training is set to high standards of quality and safety throughout by the Go PRO team of PADI Instructor Trainers. It’s been more than 2 years since I started my journey and I’m now part of the Go PRO team, educating the next generation of PADI Instructors with my own real dive experiences.

Get To Know Our GoPro Staff Team | IDC Asia

Our Go PRO internship program is between 1 and 3 months depending on what your goals are, but there’s a lot of time for development. You implement the dive training learnt in real dive situations – best learning method! All activities are supervised by one of our experienced team of PADI professionals too.

In Sabah, Borneo, English is a commonly spoken language and our local Go PRO internship candidates increase their proficiency in speaking, writing, reading and listening skills of the English language because they frequently interact with international clients who visit our premier PADI 5 Star IDC Dive Centre on Gaya Island. These clients include international Go PRO internship candidates; both receiving valuable knowledge of other cultures and languages; and in a few months, wonderful friendships are built that last a lifetime.
Living in Sabah is so easy! There is development, however it isn’t overwhelming and still provides modern necessities. Accommodation is included in a Go PRO internship program so you wouldn’t need to independently arrange this and there are choices to suit any budget. Daily meals can be as cheap as RM10 (roughly US$3) for local fare, and there’s a buffet-style lunch included during days at the beach house.

It’s best for prospective Go PRO interns to add us on these social media platforms:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/divedownbelow
Twitter: https://twitter.com/divedownbelow
Pinterest: Downbelow Marine & Wildlife Adventures on Pinterest
Tumblr: http://divedownbelow.tumblr.com

And read various blogs for updated news on our current candidates:
News | Diving Sabah? Dive Downbelow!
News & Events | IDC Asia
Instructor Development Blog | Instructor Development Course IDC Malaysia, Asia

One of the very best places in the world to dive is Cozumel, Mexico. Recently Blue Magic Scuba (Cozumel Diving, Cozumel Scuba Diving, Cozumel Diving Packages, Lessons, Snorkeling, Blue Magic Scuba) has started a divemaster internship program with one of PADI's best course directors, Jim Hutchinson. Jim and Blue Magic believe that Cozumel, which offers World Class diving is indeed the best place for our brand of World Class Training.

Because of Cozumel's great diving, Blue Magic's excellent teaching levels (they are a PADI 5 Star IDC center) and the closeness to the USA and all ammenities it is my ( biased) opinion that Cozumel is the BEST>

More information on the divemaster internship program can be found here : The best divemaster internship program in Cozumel and the Caribbean

Please note: shameless promotion on my part, i am a principal with Blue Magic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom