Best price on a Suunto Vytec?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dude... CHILL!!!!!

It was NOT meant as an insult to you!!!!
I was just trying to give you advise....
Take it or leave it...
What kind of diving are you doing anyways???

By the way, what is it, engineer or software developer???

I am neither a software developer nor an engineer. I assure you I work very hard for my money, especially in this economy. I do, however, like high quality.

I am a recreational diver. Altitude diving and cold fresh water.

LUBOLD8431 once bubbled...
Dude... CHILL!!!!!

It was NOT meant as an insult to you!!!!
I was just trying to give you advise....
Take it or leave it...
What kind of diving are you doing anyways???

By the way, what is it, engineer or software developer???

What kind of response did you expect when you post such an arrogant answer.

I happen to own a vytec along with several other people i know and happen to enjoy the integrated feature. But then again im not some arrogant instructor who thinks he knows everything.

Im sure none of us have more money than we know what to do with.

lal7176 once bubbled...

What kind of response did you expect when you post such an arrogant answer.

I happen to own a vytec along with several other people i know and happen to enjoy the integrated feature. But then again im not some arrogant instructor who thinks he knows everything.

Im sure none of us have more money than we know what to do with.

Ok, point taken. I concede that I was being a little arrogant. ALso, I dont think i know everything, i actually do know mostly everything. (another arrogant response.)

But anyways, I think when the Oceanic VT Pro comes out, alot of people will be more happy with that the Vytec. The VT pro will also be about $300 cheaper. The only thing it doesnt have that the vytec does have, is the 3 gas feature. Still AI, a different algorithm, but a nice computer.

I think its a nice feature, I just havent seen one yet that people dont have a problem with the signal. Maybe the Suunto or the new Oceanic will be better. It remains to be seen.

Good Luck...

You mean . . . IF the Oceanic VT Pro ever comes out! I am pretty PO'd at Oceanic right now.

I have an ad stating a release date of the VT Pro for Dec. 2002. At the Beneath The Sea Expo they swore the units were in stock at the warehouse and would be shipping the week of Monday 3/31. They looked me square in the eyes and GUARANTEED they would be shipping. It is HALF A YEAR after the anticipated release date and it still isn't out.

Well, I waited and waited and waited. Unfortunately a couple days before my trip to Mexico it still hasn't shown up and I had to cancel my order and go to plan b. I ordered a Suunto Cobra. I wanted to Vytec but it was too expensive. So I settled for a Cobra. Its a good unit, but I really wanted a hoseless wrist unit. Plus, because I trusted them I had to pay overnight shipping to get the unit it time. Plus, to make matters worse, the LDS check refunding my VT Pro order bounced!

As good as there stuff is, I will never buy another Oceanic product again. There are plenty of other manufacturers out there that make just as good of a product that I don't need them. I understand if things get delayed but I don't take too kindly to being lied to. If they were going to be delayed, tell me the truth. Don't BS me and say they will be shipping in 2 days as soon as you get back to California. That's the part that ticks me off the most.

Well, in the diving industry, that happens alot.

Ask anyone waiting for the new OMS barrel style oring manifold, or the new hot dip galvinized tanks they say they have.

Or how about the new Poseidon Xstream with TWO HP ports, and more LP ports for better hose positioning...

Hmmm... If i think for a little while, i can probably come up with a half dozen other things that manufacturers have said will come out, and we are still waiting for...

I hate it, but its a fact of life...

By the way, it will come out eventually... But, if anyone is waiting for the FDX-10 first stage, dont hold you breath, it might not ever happen now... Not too great.

LUBOLD8431 once bubbled...
By the way, it will come out eventually... But, if anyone is waiting for the FDX-10 first stage, dont hold you breath, it might not ever happen now... Not too great.

I was just thinking that the FDX-10 might be a good example of the 'it's out now, well not now, but soon... well, not soon, but eventually... maybe....' syndrome that exists with dive equipment.

I guess I'll go get that CDX-5 now that I don't have to wait for the FDX-10....

Mares/Dacor computers with RGBM
(were supposed to be out by now)

Uwatec Smart Hoseless AI
(rumored to have a sending unit that does not require a battery)

Aeris Atmos Elite AI hoseless
(only one with an advertised release date which is this month)

Aeris Atmos Elite AI hoseless
(only one with an advertised release date which is this month)

I have a copy of their ad too advertising a Dec. 2002 release date. Its basically the same unit as the VT Pro and I would have been happy to order either that or the VT Pro. In Aeris defense they were honest about it being delayed and not out until mid to late May. Wheras the oceanic reps even broke the guarantee they gave my LDS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom