Best reg for under $300?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shellbackdiver1:
For the regulator....why limit yourself on a life sustaining piece of equipement used in a fairly risk activity. If you were parachutting would want a the cheapest parachutte made from the lowest quality material?

USED doesn't always = used up or cheap. I personally happen to agree with shellbackdiver and would recommend to buy your life support equipment new; however, how many people get their OW certification and buy their gear and never dive again?
We all have heard the stories.

I happen to know 2 people just like that. What a shame, but it's often the case! Is their gear any less reliable than brand new equipment because it has 4 dives on it? You can obtain very good quality gear by going that route.

Now, one thing to consider, you could end up spending just as much with used gear when it comes time to servicing if you don't happen to get warranty and registration info when you get it.

I guess there's no way to beat it, PADI = Put Another Dollar In?:(

Wys.

Ill toss in my vote for the XS Scuba Tri Metal. I have one that I bought more or less for fun and am very happy with it. I like the size, it doesnt have bad bubble interference, its adjustable, overall a good deal.

Like others have mentioned, the Zeagle Envoy is a great reg for about $300 + they offer a life time warranty..how can you go wrong with a life time warranty??? Who can match that on a $300 regulator. Be careful when it comes to low cost regulators, often times you "GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR."

I can vouch for this regulator as I used them in my rental fleet when I was a Zeagle Dealer from a different store. Remember that your regulator is a very delicate part of you life safety gear (otherwise known as scuba gear) and we should all leave "CHEAP" on shore!
-Gary Hurlbut -Diamond Scuba

this thread is from 2006, and it looks like the OP has gotten certified and bought gear...

ScubaPro MK11/R395
Overbalanced diaphram reg
Very Good Write up about it in scuba diving magazine.
article said it nailed all the simulator test,And it was voted scuba labs BEST BUY

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom