Best spots to dive around Australia and Fiji?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll agree with blacklatex that the west coast is often forgotten. Not only is Ningaloo a nice reef but spots off the reef are also quite outstanding. Exmouth's Point Murat Pier is an amazing dive. Not much coral but the fishlife is great and varied. Fat white tips, octopus, nudies, wobies, snappers etc.
Off Geraldton is Albrolhos Islands, very nice diving with big fish. Rottnest is also nice diving. I'd personally skip the newly sunk wrecks off Dunny and Albany unless you like fake wrecks. Very little life and many of the dive ops are draconian with bottom times, even if they let you have EAN.

I stick my hand up and vote for good old WA as well. Rotto is a great island to visit and really convenient from the main land as well. I haven't had the pleasure of diving there, but hope to in the future.

Take it easy.
Nick

NickR:
I stick my hand up and vote for good old WA as well. Rotto is a great island to visit and really convenient from the main land as well. I haven't had the pleasure of diving there, but hope to in the future.

Take it easy.
Nick
Here are some links to photos that I took recently around Australia. My favorite was definitely Rottnest, W.A.ROTTNEST ISLAND GREAT BARRIER REEF SYDNEY

Back
Top Bottom