Best Suunto prices?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you do divetank.com, don't ship it UPS-they tag you with a COD customs charge (or at least they did for me).

dsteding:
If you do divetank.com, don't ship it UPS-they tag you with a COD customs charge (or at least they did for me).

Check with Divetank because the customs charge is for a certain dollar amount and over. My total purchase was around $450 and I didn't get hit with any charges.

I bought exactly what you're looking for from DiveTank and it was less than $600, shipped. I have to assume they can offer a warranty because they're in Canada and they have different laws regarding warranties and the internet. I would also have to assume to have any warranty work done you'd have to ship it to them.

DiverDuane

I agree with ScubaKimmie..Buy from a brick and mortar store. I don't think Aqua Lung lets it's dealers sell over the internet. Had a student buy a cobra from an internet retailer back east, spent more in shipping to have it fixed than he saved let alone the time he did not have it to dive!

Where are you located? I got a cobra from my LDS for $630.

Divetank is authorized to sell Suunto. If you check with Suunto they will tell you that themselves. Divetank is not selling Suunto computers over the internet. That's why you have to call them.

Don't take anyone's word for it. Email Suunto yourself and you can verify their status.

Yes, I bought my suunto vyper from divetank and it was the best deal when I was shopping around. Hmmm, not sure if I ever registered mine though. Doh!

ScubaKimmie:
no warranty and it might be ripped off from a shop so when you go to register it, good luck. ebay last or never.

Spoken like someone who divorced well.

Honey, the thread is about the best price on Suunto gear. Its a no brainer - eBay should always be your first choice for this stuff if you want the best price.

I have two Vytecs. Hundreds and hundreds of perfect dives, and hundreds more to go. I saved well over $700 getting them from eBay 4 years ago. You want the best prices, eBay is the place.

---
Ken

Red Vette:
I agree with ScubaKimmie..Buy from a brick and mortar store. I don't think Aqua Lung lets it's dealers sell over the internet.

No? Well they may be selling to those internet dealers directly according to other major manufacturers...http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=138963

To the original poster, do your homework, ask the dealer questions, and remember that MANY LDS's sell gear over the internet with full warranty and will match prices. If your LDS stinks and wants to charge you an arm and a leg and gives you a bad feeling, look elsewhere. Unfortunately "brick and mortar" doesn't always equal a great experience but it certainly can. If they are good, then you will want to shop with them as they will not only be your dealer but also your dive buddy. Just realize that you do have MANY choices that can end with a happy purchase. Good luck and dive safe!

Back
Top Bottom