Best Suunto prices?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation:
Spoken like someone who divorced well.

Honey, the thread is about the best price on Suunto gear. Its a no brainer - eBay should always be your first choice for this stuff if you want the best price.

---
Ken
Honey? You call me honey? Please

there are people who don't understand what cheap really means, perhaps you don't understand the costs that can rise, such as getting your computer repaired when it takes a dump.

But then again some people don't get it.

Ok? honey? boy?

ScubaKimmie:
Honey? You call me honey? Please

there are people who don't understand what cheap really means, perhaps you don't understand the costs that can rise, such as getting your computer repaired when it takes a dump.

Ok? honey? boy?

That's sweet.

I agree with you, I think. Cheap is not a good value at any price.

ScubaKimmie:

Best prices. The poster is asking for best prices, and you, like the good new wind-up instructor you now are, can be seen carrying forward the irrational, unfounded fear mongering of the tired dive shop party line: "buy it here or you will die..." (paraphrased for the simple)

There are price alternatives. Especially for reliable non-life support gear (last I checked, computers aren't life support.) I grant you this, you will likely be on the edge of your comfort zone if you buy a dive computer from eBay. I'm confident you'd be more comfortable buying a snorkel or gloves (prior to registering them) from eBay. But for those of us who aren't ignorant of eBay, we've assessed the risks and we go there.

Or we go to LeisurePro.

When you've moved past plastic fins, your first mask and over-priced snorkel from OW class, and are ready to buy the gear you're going to keep, it is all about price.

Stated again: Once you've cut the dive shop cord, its all about price.

And price is value when you're dealing with quality gear. Especially if your really diving it. My price per dive on my Suunto is now in the pennies range. Gotta love that. THAT is value.

Suunto (probably a 6 Sigma or ISO shop) probably has a failure rate in the very, very low single digits. Fine odds to save $350 per unit. I'll take those odds every time. And so do millions of us. Every day.

---
Ken

Little hostile? Maybe take some of the money you're saving and invest in some therapy?

Seriously, I had to have my Cobra replaced last year. It took weeks to get it back, but the LDS gave me a loaner while it was out. That is a part of value.

Mo2vation:
Best prices. The poster is asking for best prices, and you, like the good new wind-up instructor you now are, can be seen carrying forward the irrational, unfounded fear mongering of the tired dive shop party line: "buy it here or you will die..." (paraphrased for the simple)

There are price alternatives. Especially for reliable non-life support hear (last I checked, computers aren't life support.) I grant you this, you will likely be on the edge of your comfort zone if you buy a dive computer from eBay. I'm confident you'd be more comfortable buying a snorkel or gloves (prior to registering them) from eBay. But for those of us who aren't ignorant of eBay, we've assessed the risks and we go there.

Or we go to LeisurePro.

When you've moved past plastic fins, your first mask and over-priced snorkel from OW class, and are ready to buy the gear you're going to keep, it is all about price.

And price is value when you're dealing with quality gear. Especially if your really diving it. My price per dive on my Suunto is now in the pennies range. Gotta love that. THAT is value.

Suunto (probably a 6 Sigma or ISO shop) probably has a failure rate in the very, very low single digits. Fine odds to save $350 per unit. I'll take those odds every time. And so do millions of us. Every day.

---
Ken

I agree with this completely. Start to finish.

dherbman:
Little hostile? Maybe take some of the money you're saving and invest in some therapy?

Don't confuse hostility with confidently, passionately and competently defending a point. This isn't hostile.

As to your point, therapy is a terrible investment. Especially for me... by the time I get out I'd be too old to dive... :10:

---
Ken

Mo2vation:

There are price alternatives. Especially for reliable non-life support hear (last I checked, computers aren't life support.) I grant you this, you will likely be on the edge of your comfort zone if you buy a dive computer from eBay. I'm confident you'd be more comfortable buying a snorkel or gloves (prior to registering them) from eBay. But for those of us who aren't ignorant of eBay, we've assessed the risks and we go there.

Or we go to LeisurePro.

---
Ken

How DARE you spend your money wisely? So YOUR to blame for the failing local mom and pop dive shops! Im an ebay wh or e, both used and new. I have yet to be taken, and have saved thousands off msrp. Talk about the Darwin theory, adapt or die. No one said life was fair. But im not goin in the hole to make someone else rich.

Mo2vation:
Don't confuse hostility with confidently, passionately and competently defending a point. This isn't hostile.

As to your point, therapy is a terrible investment. Especially for me... by the time I get out I'd be too old to dive... :10:

---
Ken

That's the Ken I've read and loved. :wink:

Your points are well taken, but there is an alternate point of view. I'd agree that the odds are in your favor that you won't have any issues with an internet purchase, but you never know. In fact, we just had a guy at our LDS sell 20 hot computers on E-bay, but that's another story.

Mo2vation:

---
Ken
New instructor? You think I'm new?

best prices don't always translate into lowest price. I suppose you can continue to insult me but honestly you look like you haven't got a clue.

I have never said or even thought that someone needed to "buy it here". I think they should shop around but yes, I do think it's the best VALUE to purchase scuba equipment at a brick and mortar store.

Do you understand VALUE???

Obviously not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom