Best UNDER $250 Computer right now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SBP Studios

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Wife wants to buy me a gift for Xmas, who am I to argue?? :D

Was leaning towards Aeris Xr1 because its the console and comes with compass and Air gauge for $210.

Any other ideas?

Help is MUCHO appreciated.

cheers,

Gene

I recently bought an XR1 for my daughter and it's a fine computer, but for just a bit more you can get a close out Atmos 2 with a knife for $299 at ScubaToys. I have the Atmos 2 and it has a better feature set. It's nitrox ready, and you can download your dive info from the computer. Granted you'd have to invest in the USB cable as well for yet another $50, but it's still worth it in my book.

Aeris Atmos II wrist computer from Scubatoys.com -- $224.95 plus call them and ask for a Scubaboard discount.

Cheers.

The Aeris Atom II wrist is a great computer (I have the Oceanic version of it), but consider getting the USB cable with it as well. With the discount it'll still be under or about $250.

I figure why have a wrist computer when ive already got a watch and already need to have a console anyway for my air and compass.

I think im going to stick with the console setup for now.

The Atmos 2 looks good! Anyone else have any feedback on it?

I have the wrist model and like it. I wear it on my right forearm above my wristwatch. Redundancy.

Eventually, I might mount it into my console.

I like my Aeris Atmos 2, works great and never HAD to read the instructions. I have the compass and didnt get the knife or the quick disconnect but I figure at some point Ill want a smaller more expensive and this will be a great backup. In the meantime I have put over 50 dives on the Aeris and never had a problem.

If you are considering the Xr1, go to diversdirect. They are selling them for $189. Only problem is that they do not do Nitrox

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom