best value in Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barry Goode

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've scored some great deals on airfare, lodgings, & diving in Roatan, Belize and other spots. However, I'm looking for somewhere new to dive in the Caribbean that is NOT an arm & a leg (so Bonaire & Grand Cayman are out).

Anyone have any suggestions?

P.S. I've also already been diving at these locations: Turks & Caicos, Fla. Keys, Bahamas, Cozumel

Thanks!

How about Aruba? I'm not sure where your traveling from or what your budget is. But you might be able to get a good deal. At least here in Chicago, it seems fairly reasonable. A quick glance at last Sundays travel section shows 7 nite trips, hotel & air for under $1,000. per person.

Travel section is also showing Grand Cayman 7 nights all-inclusive hotel & air at $1,000 per person, as well. Plus tax, of course. Prices will vary depending on your departure city.

Barry Goode:
I've scored some great deals on airfare, lodgings, & diving in Roatan, Belize and other spots. However, I'm looking for somewhere new to dive in the Caribbean that is NOT an arm & a leg (so Bonaire & Grand Cayman are out).

Anyone have any suggestions?

P.S. I've also already been diving at these locations: Turks & Caicos, Fla. Keys, Bahamas, Cozumel

Thanks!

Hi Barry:
What is your price range, and what is your home gateway city?

I would have to say Bonaire is not expensive-don't rule it out unless it costs you too much to fly there. It is no way near the caymans costs, and shore diving can be a good bang for your buck- I got 28 dives for $100.
(BTW, you can get good deals on accom's too- $79 per night for a self catering condo style place)

How about Boynton Beach Fla? Pick up the current issue of Scuba Diving magazine, they rate the top 100 dive destinations. Our section of Florida is usually in the top 3 in North America, regardless of the category. Visit our website at WWW.Splashdowndivers.com for an overview of diving in our area.

Check out Allwest Apts and Dive center in Westpunt, Curacao that if you really like shorediving. You cannot beat their rates, they have a web site that list the rates. It is a small place way out on the west end of the island but that is where all the great shoredives are, grab some food and cook up some meals on your surface intervals, we usually do 3-4 dives a day/night and we still haven't done all the sites. Can't wait to return.

Sharon

Easy . . . go back to Cozumel!

d33ps1x:
Supposedly great wall diving right in front of the place and tanks are included in the cost. That's on top of their 2 tank boat dive per day included.

Anyone been here that recommends it? Interested myself.

I have been there an recommend it. You get more bang for your buck. Diving 24-7. Very relaxed atmosphere. Nothing to do but dive dive dive. Check out there website www.cocoview.com. I am sure as the day goes on you will get more than just this one recommendation. :nod:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom