best value in Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coco View rocks!! Great diving and nice people!I saw the other day they sank a new freighter-2 wrecks to dive now close by!

Why is bonaire out? I'm leaving Wed. on Air Jamaica for $450 round trip. I've have reserved a two bedroom villa for $100/day including all taxes and also a pickup truck to go shore diving. My tanks are $99 unlimited for six days. Add it up, two of us will be spending a week diving 24/7 for $1800 not including food and drinks. Does it get cheaper in the Caribbean?

Natasha:
Hi Barry:
What is your price range, and what is your home gateway city?

I'll be departing from Detroit. Ideally I'd like 7 nights in mid-April for around $1200 for both hotel & airfare.

dedhed:
Why is bonaire out? I'm leaving Wed. on Air Jamaica for $450 round trip. I've have reserved a two bedroom villa for $100/day including all taxes and also a pickup truck to go shore diving. My tanks are $99 unlimited for six days. Add it up, two of us will be spending a week diving 24/7 for $1800 not including food and drinks. Does it get cheaper in the Caribbean?

Tell me more! Where are flying out of that is only $450? I'm flying out of Detroit in mid-April & can't find anything close to that airfare?

Where did you find out about this villa for rent?

dedhed:

I agree. If one is going to dive and dive alot, Bonaire is the place to be. The exchange rate is favorable, the people there are friendly, and you can drink the water! Did I mention no sandfleas or mosquitos? :palmtree: Bob

I'm flying out of NYC, but I got these flights in November. The ability to plan early is always an advantage. The web site for the villa is www.bonairevillagevillas.com. I dive with Bruce Bowker's Carib Inn, but most of the dive operations have the same $99 deal. My family has been diving with the Carib Inn for over twenty years and they have always been reliable, safe and knowledgable. I hope this is helpful, good luck!

Ditto the Boynton Beach. If you are looking for an inexpensive way to dive, go to the southern east coast of Fla. I typically dive out of West Palm. Beautiful reef all up and down that coast. At West Palm the Gulf Stream comes within 1/2 mile of shore. Too many people get caught up in wanting to go to the Carribean (don't get me wrong cause it is great!) but if you're looking to save a buck it is right in your own country! Terrific reefs, and wrecks. 75 degree water (right now) and 100 ft of vis. Lots of beautiful fish and lots of pelagics. You can't go wrong. People often overlook this national treasure that we have in our own backyard!

Dave }<(((*>

Barry Goode:
I'll be departing from Detroit. Ideally I'd like 7 nights in mid-April for around $1200 for both hotel & airfare.

Well, I might get 'booed' for this..but have you considered a cruise?
You can fly to Miami for 300.00 tops, and then get on a ship from there. You can catch a ship for 7 nights at 799.00 for an inside cabin, and this will include your meals.
Just a thought.
Don't throw tomatoes at me!

Natasha:
Well, I might get 'booed' for this..but have you considered a cruise?
You can fly to Miami for 300.00 tops, and then get on a ship from there. You can catch a ship for 7 nights at 799.00 for an inside cabin, and this will include your meals.
Just a thought.
Don't throw tomatoes at me!

BOOOOOO!

Back
Top Bottom