Bifocal mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rob, if you would like some Dive Optix for your birthday (you ARE having a birthday soon, right? :D) I'll send them to you. They're not cheap -- I believe $60 or so -- and my experience is that most of the ones I've installed have not stayed in place. I have read people talking about buying lenses and putting them in with silicone glue, but I wouldn't recommend trying that with the Dive Optix (I did) because they are too soft to tolerate any rubbing against anything.

I'll tell you the ultimate solution to age-related presbyopia is the Liquivision X1, but it costs considerably more than $60.

They say each lens lasts for 30 days, but each lens I use has lasted about twice that.

Thats a very irresponsible way to wear contact lenses.

"They don't bother me so I keep wearing them".

Do you change your underwear every day or do you wear the same pair until people around you start giving you strange looks? Do you use the same Q-tip that's been in your ear a dozen times because it still works ok?

It's gonna come back to bite you.

Do you change your underwear every day or do you wear the same pair until people around you start giving you strange looks?
Irrelevant comparison

Do you use the same Q-tip that's been in your ear a dozen times because it still works ok?
Irrelevant comparison

I did forget to mention that I only wear my contacts when I dive. I don't wear them for everyday use.

I wear the same contacts with my mask on that I wear everyday - one for up close, one for distance. Works great and have never had a problem....just don't flood your mask! Previously I had an insert on my mask but just wearing contacts works much better, same contacts work above water and below and no expensive mask lens required. Go to your optometrist and get a trial pair of whatever type contacts you prefer then go diving...think you'll like it.

Do you change your underwear every day or do you wear the same pair until people around you start giving you strange looks? Do you use the same Q-tip that's been in your ear a dozen times because it still works ok?

OK, doc... I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and think you were having a bad day for explanations...

Yes, I change underwear every day. I clean my underwear between uses, and I clean my contact lenses between uses. I have a difficult time comparing contact lenses that are cleaned between uses with underwear that is not cleaned (and when underwear is cleaned between uses, one will most likely get more than 30 days use from them) .

No, I don't use the same Q-tip a dozen times. I don't clean a Q-tip between uses, I throw it away after a single use. My contacts are not single use contacts to be thrown out after each use. They are designed to be cleaned in solution between uses.

Rob, if you would like some Dive Optix for your birthday (you ARE having a birthday soon, right? :D) I'll send them to you. They're not cheap -- I believe $60 or so -- and my experience is that most of the ones I've installed have not stayed in place. I have read people talking about buying lenses and putting them in with silicone glue, but I wouldn't recommend trying that with the Dive Optix (I did) because they are too soft to tolerate any rubbing against anything.

I'll tell you the ultimate solution to age-related presbyopia is the Liquivision X1, but it costs considerably more than $60.

As I side note, I am curious with your prior GUE training that you utilize a full functiong trimix computer instead of just a bottom timer. Do you abide by/clear the deco schedule of the computer or rely only on RD? I have not taken Tech 1 yet but cannot see the downside of a compter's input...

My contacts are not single use contacts to be thrown out after each use. They are designed to be cleaned in solution between uses.

Your contacts are not designed to be worn for up to twice your eye care practitioner's recommended wearing schedule or "for as long as they last".

I like Lynn's suggestion. Have it sent to your cousin or uncle who will send it to you as a present. I do that when shipping items to Canada. I send it flat rate, mark Happy Birthday on the box, nominal value, customs lets it right thru. Well relatively. 3 days the last time instead of over a week. I don't know but I think you get around that stupid tax as well that they charge.

I use RD to plan and execute my dives, but I let the VPM software run, although I pay little attention to it. VPM +3 has always cleared with RD profiles. I don't do very aggressive staged decompression diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom