Big time mask squeeze

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm...I didn't realize there was any other way.

Some people can clear their ears simply by wiggling their jaw. It depends upon not only experience, but the anatomy of the eustachian tube and its opening.

John

Some people can clear their ears simply by wiggling their jaw. It depends upon not only experience, but the anatomy of the eustachian tube and its opening.

John

I meant the MASK.

:D

I got a nasty little case of mask squeeze on my honeymoon in Grand Cayman. My first 100' dive. Had never heard of it before, and when I walked back to our room, my wife was horrified! It looked much worse than it felt, but I quickly learned a valuable lesson:

Exhale a little into your mask, and you won't get mask squeeze!

Wish I had thought of that during the dive, so all my honeymoon pictures weren't affected! :wink:

Hmmm...I didn't realize there was any other way.

It would add a fewextra steps to the process, but I guess you could pull your mask off your face and reapply it at depth...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom