blocked ears

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Thomas,
Thank you for your interesting suggestion. I will share it with our ENT and Hyperbaric experts here in Israel.

Eventually there will be a true scientific study on this phenomena and we will all be the better for it.

In the meantime the anecdotal evidence continues to come in.
Here is one that was on my PC this morning.

Cheers and Safe Diving
HMan

Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 21:25:35 -0500

Hi HMan,

I finally tried my new mask at Athens Scuba Park over that weekend. I tried my old mask first without ear protection. It took almost forever to finally equalize my ears underwater so I tried ProEar. That amazed me that ProEar cut down 3/4 of my time trying to equalize my ears. I am happy with the product and I intend to wear it in near future. My friends call me Princess Leia and I don't mind getting attention from them! Bless you for that invention! Thank you!

Christy

i think it will be nice if the product proear2000 mask is available for trying, before deciding on its reliability or purchase.
Sadly, i think the distributors/dealers would want me to purchase first.;-0

:boom:

OK,
Here's the solution, I was diving last year at the Water Village on Mabul Island next to Sipidan. I left them my ProEar as one of the instructors really wanted it. They said that anyone coming over could use it for free, so now you can try it out prior to purchase.

If not, most of the shops selling the mask have a test unit to be tried in the pool or on Ocean dives. Check it out.

Good luck
HMan

WOW! What some great info Doc!
Don't know if you are still on this board/diving or not.
I certified last weekend. 9 hours in pool on Friday - Sat. 3 dives -Sun one Dive, on my dives SAT. I had a bit of blood from nose @ surface.. .Or so I was told.
My instructor swears by 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 alcohol solution which I used each time.
Long story short ---8 days later - ears are still blocked! OMG! I am runing on crazyyy from hearing my heart beat, breathing and living in a drum for the last 8 days. Would you suggest I see a Dr. or be patient and it will subside? Thanks!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom