Blue lake trip before Christmas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

newt

Registered
Reaction score
Anybody up for a dive in Blue Lake for friday Dec 17 and Sat morning? I would like to dive there before going to Seattle over the holidays...

I'm scheduled to be out at Blue Lake on the 18th with a dry suit class. If you don't find someone you can dive with us.

Yeah- that one :). What time are you going out Scott? And how much is your dry suit class?
( I am always willing to look for pointers while wearing my DUI duds)

I believe The Dive Shop in Bountiful is going up on December 17 & 18. I am going to try and go up on the 18th as well. Not for the Dry Suit class, but I will be diving Dry. I am trying to secure a Motorhome so it won't be so cold before and after the dive.

Oh my- is the blue usually this crowded this time of year? Maybe I will just do seabase.

Yeah- that one :). What time are you going out Scott? And how much is your dry suit class?
( I am always willing to look for pointers while wearing my DUI duds)

We were going to try and be there around 8:00. Looks like I'll be going out the 11th instead.

A slight breeze, 35 degree air, 73 degree water. On dives 1 & 2 we had great vis, about 25'+. It has been a while since I've seen those types of conditions at Blue. I found the bi-plane and turtle by sight instead of running into them.
Dive 3 was hit and miss.... a AOW class arrived and then hit the bottom and we began to miss the vis.

Some very nice work has been done to the dock area and a couple 10'x10' decks in the parking lot if you haven't been there in a while. :clapping:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom