body weight concerns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi! I just registered a minute ago after reading some very helpful threads. I can tell this is one of the better BBs out there, and I am happy to join the family.
I got my first taste of scuba diving last summer in St. Thomas, and the divemaster said I was a natural. (loops and barrel rolls are so much fun underwater!) This summer I'm going to a PDIC camp and will have a chance to get advanced O/W certified. Now it's ashame I have to embarrass myself in my very first post, but I'm 5'8'' and weigh 110 lbs. Is being skinny as hell gonna cause any scuba diving problems? Also, on one dive in St. T, I had the privilege of seeing a guy take his regulator out of his mouth, rip off his mask, panic, and jet to the surface so fast he made suds in the water. I later learned this is a "skill." Because I don't have a handbook, I was hoping you guys could tell me exactly what this skill involves. Do you have to take the regulator out of your mouth and take your mask off at the same time? Thanks for your help!

Mr Ben Bob, welcome to the family, we're glad to have you here!

As for the 'skill' you mentioned, it sounds more like someone was trying to kill themself... because that is what that will eventually do. Out of air emergencies and drills are very necessary, and are practiced by every agency, but life is never put at risk.

Back
Top Bottom