Bonaire BBQ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

choiahoy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey SB,

I'm a real lover of grilled meat and was pleased to find the many BBQ joints - Bobbejan's, Joe's Grillhouse, and the Ribs Factory. They all seem to get similar reviews on Tripadvisor.

Has anyone tried these places? Any recommendations on which is the best one? Any notable differences? Any other places I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.

Personal preference is the Rib Factory.
rack of BBQ pork ribs- a ceasar salad and a beer for just under $25 USD.

I would guess that most people will pick Bobbejan's -but that place does not do a thing for me.
For a boat load of food go to Casablanca's. My wife didn't care for but I was fine with...
Have not been to Joe's.

BBQ Night (Friday) at Spice was unexpectedly delicious.

Mainly grilled (as opposed to "low and slow Q'd"), but the 1/2 chickens were first smoked and then grilled.

fisheater has a point about the BBQ nights.

Buddydive has one on friday nights (that is around 15 - 20$) US.
It's good. Get there a little early for happy hour.

If I am not mistaken the Plaza also has a BBQ night on Tuesdays - the same sort of deal.

I would do them all but my wife would nay nay nay that.............

I am sure that other posters can relate to their favorites

We have been to Bobbejans 4 times and enjoyed it and would recommend to give it a try. We ate at BJ on our first visit and have done take out the next 3. We like take out better. We found the sample plate plenty of food for dinner and then some and a good value. You can also substitute which works well as we don't care for satay chicken which we sub out for more ribs. Can't say it is the best on the island and I was disappointed in the ribs on the last trip. Would give it another try though.

Rib Factory is my fav. The BBQ is good, sit on the rail to watch the people come and go. Then walk down the street for an ice cream. Never been disappointed.

Alas, the "all the iced tea you can drink" (and for me that's A LOT) thing doesn't seem to be in existence outside the U.S.

I'll go +1 on the Buddy Dive BBQ on Fridays. Even if you're not staying at BD, you can get a waterside table if you call ahead for a reservation (good idea no matter where you plan to eat on Bonaire). It's all you can eat (fish, chicken, sides, etc.) and it's all good. Highlight (for us) was the free rum punch and classic roasted pig on a spit. They just do a nice job there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom