Bonaire Eels dying

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We returned Sunday from Bonaire. In 23 dives I saw no green moray eels, which is a big change from this last July! Saw many spotted and a few golden, plus plenty of shartail eels, but not one green moray!

We did see rays, turtles, octys, sea horse, frog fish, and a couple of crabs. Only lobster I found was intact, but dead @45' near Yellow Sub. Not even on night dives could I find lobsters or green eels.

Wow no lobsters even at night. Usually they are so easy to spot at night running all over and do not have to even try. That is too bad about the the eels and crabs. Hopefully they can over come this.

Just posted my first ever trip report on last weeks visit tonight in the ABC forums. Not anything professional and my photos are nothing to brag about, but posting it took me back there for a little while!

Had dinner tonite with a friend who just got back Sunday from Bonaire and asked her about the Lobsters. Sorry you didn't see any but, she said there were a lot around.

Going to read your trip report now.

Someone else said they saw no turtles... you just never know. Every dive is different, even the same site an hour later and you have a whole different experience! One diver said they saw a large green, fairly deep, but no one else I spoke with last week saw any at all.

Back
Top Bottom