Bonaire March 5-13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two tanks is a guideline. No one at the drive through is counting how many you have. I don't think they are too concerned. 3 per is no problem. you can reload at Caribbean Club or Belmar.

Perfect! Thanks

Two tanks is a guideline. No one at the drive through is counting how many you have. I don't think they are too concerned. 3 per is no problem. you can reload at Caribbean Club or Belmar.

That's good. Diving the park is a must-do as far as I am concerned when visiting Bonaire. To make the trek and only be able to do 2 dives would be a shame.

That's good. Diving the park is a must-do as far as I am concerned when visiting Bonaire. To make the trek and only be able to do 2 dives would be a shame.

Sounds great. We will definitely schedule that mid week. Pack a lunch and head on up there

How do you do so many dives for the day when it is my understanding the resort will only allow you to take 2 tanks per person at a time?
Take what you need for that day. On the (very) slim chance somebody says something, tell the truth: you are going north to the park for the day. It's very common.

I always get the CDW insurance from Buddy though I think it is a scam and told them so in my survey.

Just curious why you feel this way? How else would you insure your rental vehicle against damage, theft, or other loss while renting on Bonaire?

Just curious why you feel this way? How else would you insure your rental vehicle against damage, theft, or other loss while renting on Bonaire?
I suggested they build it into the price so it is already handled in your payment. Telerin and Bamboo Bali manage to do it. Showing you the menu and the threats of not getting it at check in is not really a great mood setter to start your vacation.

I believe BD's full insurance still has a deductible. Not 100% sure though, since we rented from AB after getting a POS Buddy Dive hand-me-down at Caribbean Club last year. This year the CC trucks looked pretty nice though.

I believe BD's full insurance still has a deductible. Not 100% sure though, since we rented from AB after getting a POS Buddy Dive hand-me-down at Caribbean Club last year. This year the CC trucks looked pretty nice though.
They do have a large deductible. $565. How they arrived at that amount is a mystery to me. So you get the check in shake down for insurance that has a deductible that is nearly what most of the junkers are worth. I find it annoying. Telerin and others are more reasonable.

I always rent from AB when on Bonaire and get the full insurance. The basic and mandatory insurance is $11.00 per day, and full insurance costs an extra $8.00 per day. No deductible. Nice double-cabin trucks. I have never stayed at BD, but with the purported 2-tank per diver limit, and this what seems to be inflated insurance premium on the trucks, probably never will.

BD isn't the only one with a two tank limit. They aren't that strict about it if they're not busy and it's really not a problem anyway. The island's not that big. I can't believe the whining that goes on about this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom