Bonaire - May 9-16 - Anyone going to be there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cruzbound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

Just checking in to see if anyone is diving in Bonaire the week of May 9 - 16. We have already met one couple, via email, on the board here and I thought I check to see if anyone else is going to be there. Maybe it will be just the two couples diving :). This will be our first time to Bonaire. I hope all goes well - we have never been on a dive without a guide. Does anyone have any spots to suggest for us? We will be meeting the other couple for some dives but we don't want to monopolize their whole vacation so I am sure we will be venturing out on our own.

We are looking forward to our trip and can't wait to go diving to see what everyone talks about in Bonaire.

cruzbound

Welcome to Bonaire diving!! One of the easiest shore dives on the island is Windsock. This will get you acclimated and dont forget to buy the shore dive guide from the local dive shop. You will also need Cash to purchase your park ticket which is $25US per person. They do not accept any other form of payment. Have fun!!!!!

Where are you staying? That can help us to give you dive sites close.

We are staying at Bamboo Bali. Only one week to go from today and we will be landing in Bonaire. Anyone else going to be diving this week? I am surprised nobody has responded - I can't image it only being my husband and I and the other couple we met on this board that will be there (LOL).

Enjoy the weekend!

We are staying at Bamboo Bali. Only one week to go from today and we will be landing in Bonaire. Anyone else going to be diving this week? I am surprised nobody has responded - I can't image it only being my husband and I and the other couple we met on this board that will be there (LOL).

Enjoy the weekend!

That sounds very familiar. :) My wife and I are first timers to Bonaire, staying at Bamboo Bali May 9-16. See you there.

CurlingGeek,

Awesome - we will have to meet up for a dive. Four first timers to Bonaire diving together - might be scary (LOL). Where are you guys from? What cottage are you staying in? We arrive into Bonaire from Atlanta, GA around 1:45 PM on Saturday. Did you buy any boat dives in your package with Bamboo Bali? If so, we should chat offline, maybe we can schedule some logistics together. Send me a PM with an email address and we can talk more.

cruzbound

Just checking in to see if anyone is diving in Bonaire the week of May 9 - 16. We have already met one couple, via email, on the board here and I thought I check to see if anyone else is going to be there. Maybe it will be just the two couples diving :). This will be our first time to Bonaire. I hope all goes well - we have never been on a dive without a guide. Does anyone have any spots to suggest for us? We will be meeting the other couple for some dives but we don't want to monopolize their whole vacation so I am sure we will be venturing out on our own.

cruzbound

I'm heading down the same day with my dive buddy. This will be our third trip to Bonaire. We're staying at Belmar, just south of the airport.

Bonaire is a great place to build your confidence as a diver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom