Booties for Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use KMART shore/swim/ocean/beach shoes with the thick bottoms, they work great and are usually 2 for one! I know it sounds ridiculous, but they work great for me and have for many years.

Should work fine. My only issue is I see no reason for 5 mil since the water temp is 80 degrees.Extra neoprene translates into extra weights. Personally I try to use as little as possible.

Hard Soul is a must. Don't forget to take your fins along when you go to buy the bootys to make sure they will work with your fins.

Hard soles are not a MUST.... Boots are a must, But what you have is used by many divers... Like I said earlier... Being able to feel your footing is " MORE " helpful in getting safely in and out of the surf ...

Jim...

I agree hard soles are not an absolute must. It depends if you tend to just clomp over stuff, or prefer to feel and finesse your way over stuff. If the latter a thinner soled bootie may work for you, though you will probably wear some miles off them on ironshore. You might try them and buy a different pair there if you need to, booties only last so long anyway so you'll "use them up" eventually. (Assuming of course they fit in your fins, if you've been using thinner booties you may find you need a larger size fin to wear something with a thick sole.)

Hard soles are not a MUST.... Boots are a must, But what you have is used by many divers... Like I said earlier... Being able to feel your footing is " MORE " helpful in getting safely in and out of the surf ...

Jim...

To each his (or her) own I guess. I switched from soft-soled to hard-soled booties because my sore feet were tired of me "feeling my footing". Do you think mountain climbers should wear moccasins?

I hurt my foot on (iron) shore, not in the water. Part of the area atop the ridge at Oil Slick Leap is so rough & pitted it's basically jagged. I'm heavy to begin with. Now put on full scuba gear including tank & weights & walk across that to the jump off point. It didn't puncture the bootie sole, but it still did enough damage that I had intermittent soreness for several weeks.

I like my SeaSoft Sunrays, even though my feet slide around them once they've got water & I'm entering the surge trying to get my footing. Too each their own. My vote is for thick soles.

Richard.

My feet slid around in my Seasoft booties too. That's why I switched to the SEAC boots. 1000% better!!

To each his (or her) own I guess. I switched from soft-soled to hard-soled booties because my sore feet were tired of me "feeling my footing". Do you think mountain climbers should wear moccasins?

Many climbers wear soft sole footwear... I look were I walk... Two weeks of three shore dives a day and never hurt my feet or put any odd Wear on the booties.. I'll post a photo when I get back from this trucking trip... And the wife also had no problems...

Jim...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom