Bottom Timers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the Uwatec. I started off diving two of them at a time so that I would have a backup.

It is good for what it does, however, I find a few shortcomings. To me, the biggest thing is that it does not have a resettable bottom timer. I didn't think much of this until I started doing long decos. I had to keep writing down or trying to remember how many minutes I had spent at a particular stop. So I started researching for something just like it but with that feature.

I ended up with the Suunto D3, which I use in gauge mode. I now use this as my primary and keep the Uwatec as my backup. Street price for the Suunto is probably about $250 or so. However, it has user replaceable battery kits for about $10.

In certain ways, you can pay now or pay later.

DA Aquamaster:
I currently own a Parkway bottom timer made in 1994. It does not have a user replaceable battery and I suspect when it dies it will become a paperweight, so I am looking for an eventual replacement.

QUOTE]

Aquamaster,

You might want to check out this URL. This guy says he is able to replace the Parkway bottom timer batteries.

http://www.brassanchor.com

Click on the link for batteries. He says he'll refund your money if it floods after you dive with it.

Rickg

Back
Top Bottom