BP/W...please explain what it is!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... depends on the boat ... and where you dive. There were 21 of us on this three-day liveaboard in the Channel Islands ... 19 were using BP/W's ... and these were all recreational dives ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I've had the same experience.

In Calif. a very large portion of the committed local divers, even those of us strictly recreational, use BP/Ws.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oh, nice! But what the hell is with the crotch strap I see on these harness'? I don't want that, I would like a harness with a chest buckle and stomach, but loose the crotch!
Pretty sure some people use those D rings on the crotch straps to attach to propulsion vehicles if I remember what I saw correctly.

Pretty sure some people use those D rings on the crotch straps to attach to propulsion vehicles if I remember what I saw correctly.

Propulsion vehicles on a crotch strap??? That's just begging for a joke right there lol

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2

Not a joke. The front d ring on the crotch strap is often used to connect to a dpv. Trying to hold on to a scooter for an hour or more under water can get pretty tiring on the arms. Many scooters today now have one handle that you use. Attaching a line to two points on the unit and running that back to a clip that you fasten to the strap reduces the strain on your arms.
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom