bp&w question, compare

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guardian

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ok, I have done more checking, and I have found that my local dive shop has apex bp&W . I would like to know how apex and DSS compare for bp&w.

Are you referring to Apeks? If so I think they are a UK company. I would think you would have an easier time getting warranty service from a company in the US if that is where your from. I own a DSS BP/W and it is a great system and very reasonably priced. Go to the DSS forum and read some posts and talk to Tobin, he should be able to help you decide.

I've got an Apeks WTX and love it... I feel its the only BC I'll ever need, singles, doubles, rec or tec ... whatever... straight outta the "buy it once" book of thought...

When it comes to BP/W there is no such thing as one system for every need. That is why it is modular. Change out what you need depending on your gas requirements and you lift needs. Stay away from one size fits all. It does not.
I don't own either set up. Get what works for you now. Get anything else you need later.

I have Apeks regs, backplates, hog harness and there harness pack. All of there stuff is top notch. Apeks was bought by Aqualung so warranty is no problem. DSS stuff is top notch also, so its a matter of choice and price.

I don't own either however my buddy has a DSS rig and its excellent quality.

I have seen the Apeks rig...good stuff and good quality but abit too bulky for me..i thought there were more streamline choices like Oxycheq or DSS out there..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom