BP/W- question on size of wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the DSS stuff too. But, getting back to your question about the SS plate, if you use more than 8lbs with a standard BC with your current exposure suit and tank, you will definitely benefit from the steel plate. The only advantage of the aluminum plate is in situations where you would be negative with no lead using the steel plate. An example might be using a steel tank in fresh water with little or no exposure suit.

I do not agree.

Singles wing and doubles wings are shaped differently.

To handicap ones self with a "too big", "too wide" doubles wing when diving singles is not money well spent or money saved. Why negate the advantages of a BP&W in the hope that you MIGHT have the right wing for doubles, if you ever proceed to doubles.

The transition to doubles is not cheap. You need:

A couple sets of doubles, tanks, bands and manifold 2 x $900
A Dry suit and undies $2000
A few sets of regulators 3 x $600
Training $2500 ???

Not to mention deco bottles and rigging, spools and reels, and lift bags and smb's and and and and.

Trying to save the cost of a ~$300 doubles wing is just not significant in the over all scheme of things.

In addition, without knowing what exposure suit and tanks will be used for doubles it's really not possible to know what wing will be appropriate. Very few divers end up using the same exposure suit for ~45 minute single tank dives vs 120+ minute dives on doubles.

Tobin

i must agree with you to, i didn't look at it with all those $$$$$$ that go with diving and your calculations are pretty much on the ball. welcome to the wonderful world of diving $$$$$

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom