Breeze Hawaii. Horrendous.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This shop really is the point where terrible customer service, ridiculously high prices, and diving meet.

Not to mention that the shop itself just looks like a bunch of junk strewn in the back of someone's garage who happens to have a compresser and a few handheld calculators to figure your bill. This shop is the armpit of the diving community.

My latest trip to Breeze was my last ( unless I absolutely have to.) I was in a little bit of a rush, having just left work. With my tank already at IDH in Hawaii Kai getting a VIP(a shop that makes Breeze look like someone's unwashed schizophrenic uncle) and heading toward Kewalo Basin, I decided to pick up a tank, which should have taken five minutes. The place was empty save a few yelling, spitting employees out front. OK.

I enter the shop and wait at the counter. Three employees are behind the counter talking. Not even a glance in my direction for at least a minute.

"Hello?"

One of them, sweating profusely and for some reason, totally filthy, asked me what I wanted.

"Just one tank, please."

"Fill this out" and proceeded to haggle his part-time schedule with another unseen worker. waiting...waiting...waiting.....

My presence was nuisance and seemed like a lot of hard work for this kid. Every motion came with a deep sigh of disdain. A few hand held calculators, some carbon copies, and some unwillingness later, the payment portion was finished.

It's hard to describe the way he walked to get my tank. It was as though he was the only person anywhere. Almost aimless and lumbering and painfully slow.

Finally, I have a tank...and the dive was cancelled when I got there.

big group hug!!!! :hugs:

i think you should go back... i need pics to see what a "armpit of the diving community" looks like :D

sorry your dive was canned also, so i think with the spare time you now have its time to start writing out your santa letter

Dear Santa,
this Christmas i would like a new tank to call my very own....

:D

cheers

Sounds like Jo's workbench over at IDH-Hickam AFB :rofl3: !

That's what was killing me. My tank was getting a visual inspection at another shop!

im only seeing "my tank" not tanks for plural!

at last count i have 8 tanks,... had to sell 2 as i kept misplacing them when in for hydro/filling... you need more tanks!!!!!

:D

Scuba Tanks $100
Scuba Compressor $3000
Gas Blending Equipment, $200
Mixed Gas Blending Knowledge, $300
Not having to put up with underpaid shop monkeys...priceless

I thought I read here months ago that Breeze and another one (Sunshine?) catered to the Japanese tourist crowd almost exclusively?

used to but with the falling numbers they have both been "servicing" non-japanese (white folk), for years breeze had the same crew but as of recently all new faces there, not the worst but also far from the best, I agree w/sherman about not dealing with the monkeys for getting a fill, nothing like having to figure out your own blend for the "so called blender" or getting what you end up with!

Yeah, both shops cater to the Japanese tourists. I've never had any huge problems with Breeze, but I've never had to rent gear from them. All I use them for is cheap air fills and my visuals, which they can usually do while I wait. I have noticed that the two Argentinian guys they hired at the beginning of last Summer are pretty rude and slow to get things done. At least they aren't the only game in town though. Sunshine and See in Sea are both located pretty close to Kewalo Basin if you need to pick up stuff in the future.

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom