Bridge debris from old Donald Ross Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I (we) have 2 Cobra Kayaks that I dive off of sometimes.
I would be interested in attempting this sometime.
I will be watching this thread.
If you guys post a group attempt that might be something worth attempting.
We may have lost the window though based upon the currents this year though.
No hurricanes this year though!!!
YAY High Pressure!
Chug

Ive always wanted to dive this area but have never had a chance. I would for sure use my kayak- Scupper-pro baby! Maybe we could plan something 2-3 weeks out so I can get off work and invite others to join??

500 Yards.. *pfft* that was ONE of the events I swam in HS. That's a mere 20 laps! YOU can swim that with gear easy!! --

Dude....you didn't swim a 500 freestyle in currents and waves like this in.

Last Sat. morning, while doing a beach clean up, I saw 3 very fit young spearfishing guys run into the surf, turn around and run back out.
It's been that rough around here.

Paradise for the surfers...but crap for the snorkellers.

Bringing this thread back from the dead.
I have a dive buddy who's gonna swim out with me today.
I'll keep everyone posted.
If any locals read this post before noonish, feel free to drop in a join us.
I'm guessing were going to try for 1pm or so today.

Again, if you learn anything more from a PM or any other source, I'd appreciate it if you could pass along the info. I am always looking for a beach dive in Northern Palm Beach county aside from blue heron bridge.

More artificial reefs in northern PBC would be great.
They have tons down in Broward.
I drive down often to dive the aerojacks, eurojacks and whatever else they call those things they sunk down there to provide habitat for marine life.
It's not REAL living reef but it's better than what we have here.....BHB aside.

Bringing this thread back from the dead.
I have a dive buddy who's gonna swim out with me today.
I'll keep everyone posted.
If any locals read this post before noonish, feel free to drop in a join us.
I'm guessing were going to try for 1pm or so today.

:popcorn:
How did it go?
We had SMOKIN' current down here in Broward 10 am to 3 pm when I was in the 60' range.

Chug
Likes yakkin'

The dive was nice.
Caught the tide at slack but we felt the current from outgoing toward the end of the dive.
Swam out a couple hundred yards amidst all the boat and jetski traffic.
There were a bunch of boats anchored out there with divers and snorkellers in the water.
Nothing to see but sand for the entire swim but the debris materializes and voila, were here.
We dropped down 20 or so feet and damn near landed on a 6 foot nurse shark chilling on the bottom between some rocks.
Spotted a huge green moray.....other than that, it was the usual suspects, stoplight parrots, porkfish, etc.
This will probably be an awesome dive when it gets a little cooler and the sharks come back.
But you'll have to contend with big surf then.

For those of us who know nothing about this site (but are getting very interested reading your posts!), could you give a description of what is there and depths etc.

Thanks

Hey Mark:

County recently changed (like yesterday???!!!) stair case numbers. It's at least the third series of numbers. Can you describe another landmark?

A couple of surfers told me about something near either Green Roofs or Blue Roofs.
I've looked at aerial photos and spotted a few things.

Sounds cool. Let us know please.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom