Brigitte Lenoir dies in Dahab

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There was definitely someone there with her, including Pascale. As mentioned the oxygen can kill within seconds at that partial pressure. Even if someone got her bailout gas to her mouth, the time it takes could be enough to kill. My main curiousity is why the body was lost, more than why/how she had problems.
wanna know what I heard? When asked, Pascale said, " I thought she was attached to the line..."
Well, high partial pressure of oxygen will cause oxygen toxicity. One of its symptoms is convulsions. Convulsions lead to the mouth piece (OC or CCR) getting out of the victim's mouth. The victim eventually drowns because of breathing water. So the cause of death is actually drowning not oxygen toxicity.

Of course that's for the majority of cases. I don't know about breathing pure oxygen at 147m depth.

I agree; my main concern is why they left the body. I know for sure that rescuing someone convulsing is not that easy, especially when you're wearing technical diving gear. You can simply be another victim. But since they were able to precisely determine the depth at which the accident took place, they were too close. Why didn't they retrieve the body?

Well guys,as I said in a previous post I tried to contact Tom Steiner who I'm pretty sure was one of the support divers.After being just one of his customers I positively say I'm a friend now.
Of course no reply yet and i really feel a bit silly and guilty about having tried to contact him in such circumstances.
What baffles me is the statement that the support divers where spread only along a 70m. range.How can that be?It doesn't work like that.When Andrey Christov,the russian guy did his 240 or something m.dive a couple of months ago Tom was at about 150m.

What baffles me is the statement that the support divers where spread only along a 70m. range.How can that be?It doesn't work like that.
Totally agree; it doesn't work like that.

Based on the details illustrated in the very same report, the victim MUST have been accompanied by at least one diver when the accident took place.

From Rebreather World (sounds like Pascal Bernabe was beside her????) Perhaps just speculation or rumor.

Brigitte Lenoir - what happened??? - Page 3 - Rebreather World
Hello everybody!
I try to translate the sad story for us because I had news of friend men.
She went to 200m and when she did her ascent, at 147m Pascal Bernabé was here and she had very hard " convulsions", so late for her, and P.B try to help her but she was very heavy and ....perhaps water into meg also ( they say me that).....no possibility to help her for ascent her...and her body is always into blue hole.
People talks about hyperoxy problem because she had hard convulsions but we don't really know enough body.
Big courage for her son, Dylan

Also, here is a link to her website which describes her preparation: Brigette’s preparation according to her website: [FONT=&quot]
Preparation[/FONT]

What makes you so sure?
Nothing makes me so sure.But something makes me pretty sure.
The fact that when in casual conversation I mentioned Verna Van Schaik he told me that "they" were about to go ahead with the attempt to break her record.
The fact that he is Pascal Bernabè's personal friend,partner in business(in the sense that Bernabè goes several times a year to Dahab teaching courses using Tom's facilities).Not to mention that he's one of Benabè's support divers.
Also the fact that the victim was Swiss,Jean Luc Morier is Swiss and Tom's personal friend comes into the account.

Nothing makes me so sure.But something makes me pretty sure.
The fact that when in casual conversation I mentioned Verna Van Schaik he told me that "they" were about to go ahead with the attempt to break her record.
The fact that he is Pascal Bernabè's personal friend,partner in business(in the sense that Bernabè goes several times a year to Dahab teaching courses using Tom's facilities).Not to mention that he's one of Benabè's support divers.
Also the fact that the victim was Swiss,Jean Luc Morier is Swiss and Tom's personal friend comes into the account.
I don't see anything here that makes you pretty sure he was with her on that dive.

As it's a fatality, I'd rather stick only to facts, not speculations.

I don't see anything here that makes you pretty sure he was with her on that dive.

Really?

As it's a fatality, I'd rather stick only to facts, not speculations.
Speculations?Unlike you I didn't even go into the accident analysis,so no speculation on my part.What's wrong with speculating anyway?False statements are wrong not speculation.This is a forum and people.....speculate all the time,especially on these matters and they have all the rights to do so.

Knowing that a friend of mine was very likely to be involved(for the facts i mentioned in my previous post)in one way or another I was just wondering about him.

Btw I spoke with the guy.Very personal matter with a friend,a very good friend, I'm not going into it.

Sorry to have intruded.I leave the protagonism and the orchestra leading to someone else.

My very best regards.

Really?

Speculations?Unlike you I didn't even go into the accident analysis,so no speculation on my part.What's wrong with speculating anyway?False statements are wrong not speculation.This is a forum and people.....speculate all the time,especially on these matters and they have all the rights to do so.

Knowing that a friend of mine was very likely to be involved(for the facts i mentioned in my previous post)in one way or another I was just wondering about him.

Btw I spoke with the guy.Very personal matter with a friend,a very good friend, I'm not going into it.

Sorry to have intruded.I leave the protagonism and the orchestra leading to someone else.

My very best regards.

I didn't go through accident analysis. I linked to a news report and translated it as is.

Afterward I asked a specific question to a team member.

Regarding the support divers depths, the original report is obviously not accurate. And by the way you agreed on this specific point. I just illustrated it.

Speculations are in general not an issue. As you said it's a forum and it's all about people's participation. However, it's not good when it comes to fatalities because lives were lost, close people are in agony, and eventually some operators/dive professionals could get their reputation hurt. BTW some forums completely forbid speculations when it comes to accidents.

Very likely to be involved is different than pretty sure he was on that dive. Of course he was involved arranging logistics etc...

You're not intruding. It's a public forum. And no one is trying to be a protagonist BTW.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom