Bris inflatable kayak dingy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mullannix930

Contributor
Reaction score
I’ve been looking at one of the Bris inflatable kayak dingy’s for small water (local lake and rivers) search and maintenance work. It will be powered by a trolling motor or small gas engine.

I’m just wondering how they are for climbing back in from the water. Any experience with this type?

It is similar to the Scout inflatable’s

Attachments

• 503AA872-6D62-4FF0-AF2D-E3B81DCC105B.png
    503AA872-6D62-4FF0-AF2D-E3B81DCC105B.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 59
I haven't used that particular brand, but as with any inflatable, easiest way to re-enter is to inflate wing, remove harness, etc and clip it off to a short rope with a bolt snap on the end. then it's pretty easy to fin upwards and send yourself into the boat.

I think this inflatable is a bit shorter than expected because the bow has been trimmed.

I would really look for a used scooter, especially if storage is an issue. If you are going to inflate and deflate the thing for every outing, haul motor and gas, or electric, plus battery, that will get old fast. Much easier to throw a scooter in the car and go. Also, there's potential issues with leaving the inflatable unattended while diving. It could drift, the anchor get loose, or be scooped by a passerby thinking it was abandoned, etc.

I would really look for a used scooter, especially if storage is an issue. If you are going to inflate and deflate the thing for every outing, haul motor and gas, or electric, plus battery, that will get old fast. Much easier to throw a scooter in the car and go. Also, there's potential issues with leaving the inflatable unattended while diving. It could drift, the anchor get loose, or be scooped by a passerby thinking it was abandoned, etc.
The primary purpose will be sidescan searching and getting into small difficult to access areas. And some use on water that is unavailable to my larger boat.

Back
Top Bottom