Bubbles from my neck...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please remember that I am going to school as a commercial diver as well, so sometimes I do not wear a hood.

:confused:

Buy a Viking HD if you are planning to get a new suit for commercial diving. Talk to Bob3, a member on this board. Tell him I said "hi."

So, Every time I am vertical in the water ( which is often ) the air leaks out my neck seal.
I had good luck with a bio-seal for a while, until I replaced my neck seal.

But I'm wondering, how much air is in your drysuit that it would be bubbling out the neck so often? Are you using it for buoyancy? Maybe just putting enough air in your suit to remove the squeeze and venting often could alleviate the problem.

And why are you going vertical so often? If you have a lot of air in your drysuit and go vertical, anyone would vent from their neck.

Just a thought.

Just thinking that possible improvement in technique might help solve your problem.

Heres The Deal.... I am vertical in the water because I go to commercial dive school and there are numerous projects that we have to be in wierd positions in the water for.... Its kind of fun. I dont always use the drysuit for buoyancy.... But their are some midwater projects that I have to use it for buoyancy with! Most of the time I just wrap my legs or tie off to whatever it is Im working on though.... I got the Bioseal and I really like it so far... Yeah!!! I want a new drysuit still... but mainly for warmth in recreational diving.... THanks for all your suggestions!!!

I have a bio-seal but I stopped using it. It had a funky reaction to the latex and started to roll the seal down. I replaced the seal and bring a bio seal just in case.

:confused:

Buy a Viking HD if you are planning to get a new suit for commercial diving. Talk to Bob3, a member on this board. Tell him I said "hi."

I strongly second this. There are two other suits out there by DUI and Hunter (Gates) that are also the vulcanized rubber type suit. Stay away from neoprene or trilaminate suits because the first dive in a harbor you make will contaminate the suit with petrolium products that you won't be able to get out of the suit.

Also consider ordering a suit with a yoke for a standard Kirby Morgan Superlite 17 helmet. They are the most previlant hat in the industry and the dive school will have a lot of them as well as all of the divers you will work with and possable borrow from to do a dive.

Really, unless you are diving really cold water for school you don't need a dry suit. You won't even get to dive for your first two years after commercial dive school until you finish your apprenticeship unless you get a job with a really small company. So save some money and hold off on the dry suit. You will want to buy a good, used diving helment first when you get ready to break-out as a diver.

Quit farting in your wetsuit. Sorry, my bad...

Back
Top Bottom