Buddies kept grabbing/pulling me to ascend faster than computer said was safe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With the prices of fins these no surprise someone tried to shark a fin off you. Jokes aside, I can't figure the grabbing thing one hears about these days it generally does not work and those that need assistance are normally quick to ask for. Well crowded boats can bring out the funnies in some divers. Hope you have a better go of it next time out.

Hope you have a better go of it next time out.

I'll be going solo from shore, so I'm sure I'll have a much better time. The only time I plan on diving from a boat again is on my 2 weeks at CoCo View and if I go to Glover's Atol to dive with whale sharks.

I had an experience yesterday. I was taking my fins off at the ladder and some AH grabbed the fin I was taking off and started pulling (dragging me under). I still had my reg in so no danger. I tried to pull my fin away and thrashed but the AH wouldn't let go. Finally I grabbed him by the BC, pulled him up and yelled "GET THE EFF OFF ME". He finally got the idea. Back on board several people were trying to "help" me get my gear off - on a severely crowded boat. They were effing up my gear and making problems that would not have happened if they just left me alone and gave me some room. Most of these guys were not what I would call skilled divers.

I hate diving a crowded boat, in cold murky water, with muppets.

And some folks still don't understand why us old pharts continue to wear our BFKs.

Bob
------------------
I may be old, but I'm not dead yet.

And some folks still don't understand why us old pharts continue to wear our BFKs.

Bob
------------------
I may be old, but I'm not dead yet.

?? So we know what time it is??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom