bungee jumping after a dive!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aboalreem

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is it ok to bungee jumping after doing 2 days of diving?

No it's not ....

You should be diving instead of jumping ... :shakehead :shakehead

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Seriously,

If you don't do it at higher altitude, it's OK !!!

It would depend how high the bungie jumping location was in relation to the altitude of your dive site.

Nope.

I would say no doubt about it, even at sea level.

Am I wrong?

The physics of the G force could disrupt the gas solution/ equilibrium no?

You mean immediately following the dive? Nope, nope, nope. Unless a scientist tells me I am wrong, wrong, wrong.

G force would effect pressure or diffusion gradients, would it not?

he he.

Come on, freediver, that is funny. But you wouldn't freedive after scuba diving, would you? I try and avoid even going for the bouy at 30 ft.

where's lamont?

catherine96821:
G force would effect pressure or diffusion gradients, would it not?

No.

You're exposed to far higher g forces than that simply braking in a car. Its a short force acting for a very short time and only once. Wont make the slightest bit of difference.

Cant see any possible contradiction with diving unless you go to very high altitude to do the jump. Or you use high amounts of exercise immediately after the dive to get to the jump site.

You wouldnt get me doing it though purely as im terrified of heights but theres no real physical reason i can think of stopping it.

well, you bounce more than once.

okay...you are probably right. the car example, is that true about greater g forces? because if you have certain medical conditions, they tell you not to bungee, like pilots can black out....

I was thinking about how it is bad to hold a line while offgassing in surging seas....and rock your body up and down.

aboalreem:
Is it ok to bungee jumping after doing 2 days of diving?

NO!!!! you will DIE!!!

everybody knows that the faster you go, the slower time passes ... it's a proven fact that in a spaceship flying near the speed of light, time passes much slower than in a spaceship NOT flying near the speed of light ...

thus, by traveling fast downward (at terminal velocity, i should guess) you'll be traveling much slower in the space-time continuum... thus slowing down the offgassing process,
thus increasing your chances of DCS!!

oh the humanity of it

catherine96821:
where's lamont?

here.

only way i can see it being bad is if something mechanical pops open your PFO and you shunt bubbles, falls under the same umbrella as any strenuous excersize post-diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom