bungee jumping after a dive!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think roller cosater is more dangerous since you have to go up and down very quick!!
The bungee jumping I mentioned was on the same sea level, and I blieve it is around 150 feet down....!! I will back off and do another dive instead of bungee

aboalreem:
I think roller cosater is more dangerous

INSANITY!!!

now you are adding the equivalent of reverse profile dives AND bounce dives into the equation!

:crafty:

Dan said he would bring his video camera to document the whole thing.

Statistically you have a better chance of being in a car wreck on your way to the bungee location then suffer any Ill effects from doing the jump. Beware of jumping into a space time warp hole that sends you into an eternal bounce dive, in which case bring a pony bottle and don't forget your underwater GPS with the location of the wormhole pre-programmed in.

If you think about bungee they dont suddenly stop - Its a more gradual slowdown over what i guess is 2-3 seconds (?).

Deceleration ('g' force) is a factor of this against time - the longer the time period the lower the deceleration.

Drive a car, stamp hard on the brakes. You'll feel one hell of a jolt - far more than the gradual slow down over a few seconds people get on the end of a bungee.
Theres also the fact that there are very short lived in terms of time.

The rapid change in altitude is utterly insignificant. Air is so think/less dense compared to water that even changing altitude by say 200ft in a few seconds is not likely to be even the same as ascending 3ft in 1 minute in the water so that can safely be ignored too. (So the roller coaster is fine).

Edit:- it would appear that you get "no more than 3g" on even a huge bungee jump. Any more than that would break or damage limbs.

That definately puts it less than what you'd get on some cars emergency brake or in a crash and nobody to my knowledge got bent braking in a car or crashing it.

We're talking of fairly small forces acting for a very small time period. Not going to affect off gassing at all.

If you're at the point where shaking you up is going to produce a significant bubble shower like a soda pop bottle, you're also already very bent...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom